Digital TV News: CANTV
Venezuela's CANTV launches IPTV in Caracas
Mar 28, 2016 – Venezuela's CANTV has launched its long-awaited IPTV service in Caracas. The service offers a basic plan consisting of 59 channels (52 TV + 7 radio). Subscribers are required to have CANTV's ABA post-paid broadband.
News categories: CANTV, Digital TV, IPTV, Venezuela
Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
Nov 24, 2015 – According to preliminary statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of June 2015 were 4.80 million, up from 4.47 million at the end of the second quarter of 2014.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
More than 69 million pay TV subscribers in Latin America in Q2 2015
Oct 7, 2015 – According to Dataxis, the Latin American pay-TV market has exceeded 69 million subscribers, equivalent to a 37.7% penetration of total households. Satellite once again leads the technology ranking but has lost share.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers
China Digital TV wins smartcard tender at Venezuela's CANTV
Nov 7, 2014 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has won a tender to supply 900,000 smart cards to CANTV, the leading integrated telecommunication service provider in Venezuela, for use on CANTV's direct-to-home (DTH) platform.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CANTV, Dr. Zengxiang Lu, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Venezuela
300,000 homes receiving Cantv's satellite TV service in Venezuela
May 7, 2013 – State-owned Cantv has announced that 300,000 Venezuelan homes are now receiving its Cantv Televisión Satelital direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service. The service consists of 48 channels of video and 20 of audio, and is broadcast on the country's Simón Bolívar satellite.
News categories: Cantv, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Verimatrix Helps NetUno Enhance Revenue Security and Extend Competitive Advantage
Apr 8, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Venezuelan telecommunications services operator NetUno has deployed on the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS) architecture to provide revenue security for its popular NetUno TV Digital broadcast service.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetUno, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Venezuela
CANTV launches satellite TV in Venezuela
Nov 27, 2011 – Venezuela's CANTV has announced that its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service will launch on November 28, 2011. CANTV Televisión Satelital offers 48 TV channels and is broadcast on Venezuela's Simón Bolívar satellite (Venesat-1).
News categories: CANTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Venezuela
China Digital TV Wins Satellite TV Contract in Venezuela
May 28, 2010 – China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has entered into a contract with CANTV of Venezuela to install various systems and solutions on CANTV's direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform.
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, CANTV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Venezuela
Verimatrix Selected to Secure CANTV Pay-TV Service in Venezuela
Jun 17, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced CANTV as the latest Americas customer to select the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV. CANTV plans to offer IPTV services with 140 channels to 67,000 subscribers.
News categories: Verimatrix, CANTV, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Venezuela
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV