Digital TV News: Chris Fenger
RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
Oct 15, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the TiVo Stream 4K. The device will be paired with RCN, Grande and Wave’s ultra-high-speed internet to bring its customers more home entertainment options.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCN, Grande, Wave launch Amazon Prime Video app on TiVo STBs
Dec 20, 2019 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the Amazon Prime Video app through the company’s TiVo set-top boxes. Pay-TV subscribers with an Amazon Prime membership can stream content via the Prime Video app on their TiVo devices.
News categories: TiVo, RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Prime Video, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RCN rolls out TiVo experience with voice remote control
Jul 31, 2018 – RCN has announced the availability of its new TiVo interface. Customers can now enjoy enhanced capabilities including a voice command remote control, viewing recommendations and fast content navigation, among other innovative features.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
RCN updates TiVo user interface
Nov 17, 2014 – RCN has announced that it will complete the roll-out of a new user interface for its TiVo service. The updated interface is equipped with new guide functions and introduces features such as faster navigation, better search capabilities and new TV apps.
News categories: RCN, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
RCN delivers its most powerful DVR to date
Jun 3, 2014 – RCN has announced that it is making available to customers its most powerful DVR from TiVo. Bundled into RCN’s packages, the TiVo T6 HD DVR delivers cable TV programming and a multitude of Web-based options in one easy-to-use system.
News categories: RCN, TiVo Inc, Thomas Elam, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0