Digital TV News: David Kerr
COVID-19 boosts mobile content spend 28% in 2020
Oct 6, 2020 – COVID-19 will boost worldwide revenue on content consumed on mobile phones by 28% in 2020 according to Strategy Analytics. Over the next five years mobile media revenue is expected to approach $860 billion.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Kerr, Nitesh Patel, Content Distribution, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Sony captured 30% of VR hardware revenues in 2018
Aug 5, 2019 – Strategy Analytics' data on the VR headset market shows a decline in annual hardware revenues for the first time. The decline is confined to the low value segment however. The forecast shows continued growth in the Console and PC-tethered VR segments.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David MacQueen, David Kerr, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
5G will capture wireless service revenue but deliver no industry growth
Jun 10, 2019 – 5G networks will generate 26% of wireless service revenue in 2024, though that impressive share will not boost the overall performance of a stagnating global wireless market. This is the conclusion of the latest forecast report from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Phil Kendall, David Kerr, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
May 16, 2019 – The number of devices connected to the internet reached 22.0 billion worldwide at the end of 2018, according to Strategy Analytics. The company predicts that Home will be the fastest growing segment over the coming years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, David Kerr, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience