Digital TV News: David Kerr
Sony captured 30% of VR hardware revenues in 2018
Aug 5, 2019 – Strategy Analytics' data on the VR headset market shows a decline in annual hardware revenues for the first time. The decline is confined to the low value segment however. The forecast shows continued growth in the Console and PC-tethered VR segments.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David MacQueen, David Kerr, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
5G will capture wireless service revenue but deliver no industry growth
Jun 10, 2019 – 5G networks will generate 26% of wireless service revenue in 2024, though that impressive share will not boost the overall performance of a stagnating global wireless market. This is the conclusion of the latest forecast report from Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Phil Kendall, David Kerr, 5G, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
May 16, 2019 – The number of devices connected to the internet reached 22.0 billion worldwide at the end of 2018, according to Strategy Analytics. The company predicts that Home will be the fastest growing segment over the coming years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, David Kerr, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications