Digital TV News: Edgeware
Edgeware to deliver at-home Dolby Atmos surround sound
Nov 27, 2017 – Edgeware has announced that its TV delivery systems now support the online delivery of Dolby Atmos surround sound for playout on home entertainment systems. The Dolby Audio format is delivered using Edgeware’s Content Capture and TV Repackager products.
News categories: Edgeware, Dolby, Richard Brandon, Content Distribution, Worldwide
ContentArmor to show watermarking via Edgeware CDN servers at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Edgeware has integrated ContentArmor’s bitstream-based forensic watermarking solution into its TV CDN technology. The functionality can be deployed for IPTV and OTT services and will be demonstrated for the first time at IBC2017.
News categories: ContentArmor, Edgeware, Eric Bénetière, Richard Brandon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
PCCW selects Edgeware for 4K TV delivery
Sep 29, 2016 – Edgeware has been selected by Hong Kong's PCCW to deliver 4K VoD content to its pay-TV service, Now TV and Now Player app, as well as HD content to ViuTV’s mobile OTT service. ViuTV is a free TV service provided by PCCW in Hong Kong.
News categories: Edgeware, PCCW, Joachim Roos, Keith Huang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
Beenius replaces incumbent middleware at Unitel in Mongolia
Sep 12, 2016 – Beenius and UNITEL have successfully complete the replacement of the former middleware vendor with the Beenius Unified TV Platform. The Mongolian Telecommunications provider has expanded its offer with Beenius' IPTV solution.
News categories: Beenius, UNITEL, Filip Remškar, Ganbold Ravjin, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Mongolia
Shift to generic hardware and virtualization pressuring video equipment prices
Jan 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), the cost of encoding and transcoding platforms continues to come down, pressuring video and broadcast equipment revenue as pay-TV providers move to generic hardware and network functions virtualization.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Mirada and Edgeware partner for multiscreen delivery
Nov 19, 2014 – Edgeware has announced a partnership with Mirada to provide an end-to-end multiscreen solution. The Edgeware Video Consolidation Platform (VCP) has been integrated with Mirada's Iris product which provides a unified user experience across multiple devices.
News categories: Edgeware, Mirada, Joachim Roos, Jose Luis Vazquez, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, Worldwide
now TV launches enhanced Cloud DVR with Edgeware
Sep 13, 2014 – Edgeware has announced that Hong Kong pay-TV provider, now TV, has selected Edgeware's Video Consolidation Platform (VCP) to replace its current IPTV delivery system, based on the previous deployment of the Edgeware multiscreen solution.
News categories: Edgeware, now TV, PCCW, Keith Huang, Joachim Roos, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IBC2023, IPTV
Vodafone selects Edgeware for FTTH video delivery in the Netherlands
Apr 30, 2014 – Edgeware has announced that Vodafone NL has deployed Edgeware´s Distributed Video Delivery Networks (D-VDN) Solution to deliver the Vodafone Thuis service to its Dutch fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) subscribers.
News categories: Edgeware, Vodafone, Ruud van den Oosterkamp, Joachim Roos, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Netherlands
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data