Digital TV News: Gaurav Gandhi
Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
Jan 13, 2021 – Amazon has introduced Prime Video Mobile Edition - a mobile-only plan at an amazing introductory price of ₹89 ($1.2). Prime Video is collaborating with Bharti Airtel for the first roll-out.
News categories: Airtel, Amazon, Shashwat Sharma, Sameer Batra, Jay Marine, Gaurav Gandhi, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming
Tata Sky Binge offers content from multiple apps via a dedicated Fire TV Stick
Dec 16, 2019 – Tata Sky has launched Tata Sky Binge. Tata Sky Binge is accessible through a Tata Sky Edition of the Amazon FireTV Stick, and allows subscribers to stream from a diverse mix of apps through a single platform, with a single subscription fee.
News categories: Tata Sky, Amazon, Pallavi Puri, Parag Gupta, Gaurav Gandhi, Rishika Lulla Singh, Siddhartha Roy, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV Everywhere
Dish TV India to launch hybrid set-top box with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 7, 2019 – Dish TV India has collaborated with Amazon Prime Video to offer Prime Video app to its Dish TV and d2h subscribers on its soon-to-be-launched hybrid set-top box. Through the deal, Dish TV and d2h subscribers will be able to seamlessly access Amazon Prime Video app on their TV.
News categories: Dish TV India, Prime Video, Anil Dua, Gaurav Gandhi, Apps, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box, Streaming
Ooyala provides ad delivery for Voot OTT
May 31, 2016 – Ooyala is now the ad delivery provider for Voot, a new over-the-top (OTT) service from Viacom18. A joint venture between Viacom and the Network18 Group, Viacom18 is one of the fastest growing entertainment networks in India.
News categories: Ooyala, Viacom18, Keith Budge, Gaurav Gandhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, Streaming
Kaltura powers Viacom18's VOOT VoD service
Apr 6, 2016 – Kaltura has announced that it is powering Viacom18’s newly launched digital VOD service VOOT. The ad-supported video streaming service had launched, last week, with close to 17,000 hours of domestic and international content.
News categories: Kaltura, Viacom18, Ron Yekutiel, Gaurav Gandhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Streaming
- Hrvatski Telekom initiates Iskon integration
- PROEN deploys Qwilt and Cisco CDN solution in Thailand
- Akta powers AVOD, SVOD, Live Streaming and FAST for ViX
- Nielsen integrates measurement for Netflix's ad-supported plan
- CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia