Digital TV News: Graham North
HUMAX unveils FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder
Sep 27, 2017 – HUMAX has introduced its easiest-to-use Freeview Play Recorder yet with the launch of the FVP-5000T. Simple to install and set up, this new HD TV recorder includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity, delivering an extensive range of catch up and on demand content services.
News categories: HUMAX, Graham North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Humax adds Netflix to Freesat with Freetime STBs
Dec 15, 2015 – Humax has announced that its Freesat with Freetime set-top boxes will be the first in its product range to roll out Netflix. Netflix will be available on the Humax Freesat with Freetime HDR-1000S 500GB, HDR-1010S 1TB, HB-1000S, and HDR-1100S.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Netflix, Graham North, Paul Gilshan, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Humax Freeview Play STB based on Opera HbbTV 2.0 SDK
Oct 19, 2015 – Opera TV has announced that Humax's new UK set-top boxes, unveiled last week, will be the first live deployment of its HbbTV 2.0 SDK. Humax's new set-top boxes are the first Freeview-Play-enabled devices.
News categories: Opera TV, Humax, Aneesh Rajaram, Graham North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Humax and Freesat launch compact and connected Freetime box
Jul 15, 2015 – Humax and Freesat have launched the most compact and affordable Freetime set-top box recorder to date, bringing the benefits of the subscription free satellite TV service to a wider group of cost-conscious consumers in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Humax, Paul Gilshan, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Humax launches 500GB YouView box in the UK
Jul 14, 2014 – YouView has announced the launch of a new set-top box from Humax. The Humax YouView DTR-T2000 / 500GB is the most compact and fastest box from the YouView Humax range to date and is priced at £199.
News categories: YouView, Humax, Graham North, David Faulkner, Digital TV, DVR, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
'Freesat HD with freetime' box from Humax launches in UK
Sep 12, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a new Freesat HD with freetime box. The freetime box is manufactured by Humax and will be available to buy from the 12th of September.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Humax Licenses Intertrust Marlin Technology for YouView Set Top Boxes
Mar 22, 2011 – Humax and Intertrust have announced that Humax has licensed Intertrust's Marlin Client SDK for its development of digital Set Top Boxes for YouView in the United Kingdom (UK).
News categories: Intertrust, Humax, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
Humax TV Portal Launches with ANT Galio Platform
Feb 9, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has launched its new TV Portal using the ANT Galio Platform. An automatic over-the-air update ran from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th February to all Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD set-top boxes in the UK.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Humax selects ANT Galio Platform to deliver Sky Player
Sep 13, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has selected ANT to deliver a Sky Player implementation for use with its Freeview HD products. ANT's implementation of the Sky Player was developed in collaboration with BSkyB (LSE:BSY).
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Sky Player, Freeview, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform