Digital TV News: Harit Nagpal
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2022, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite
Elemental chosen for Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 19, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Tata Sky is using Elemental software to process Ultra HD live linear content in high-efficiency video coding (HEVC/H.265) for delivery to Tata Sky 4K-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Tata Sky, Dan Marshall, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Ericsson enables Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 2, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has enabled Tata Sky to launch the first commercial 4K video service in the subcontinent. Ericsson will provide compression technology for 4K distribution using the 1080P50 format.
News categories: Ericsson, Tata Sky, Chris Houghton, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, MWC21, Satellite
Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
Jul 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) will power Tata Sky's first generation Ultra HD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Technicolor, Tata Sky, Harit Nagpal, Georges Laplanche, Rich Nelson, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor delivers 11 millionth set-top box to Tata Sky
Jul 21, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH ; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the delivery of the 11 millionth Technicolor set-top box to Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor announces 4K set top box deal with Tata Sky
May 15, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an agreement with Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky selects Broadcom for DTH set-top boxes
Jul 1, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Tata Sky of India has selected its system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices for set-top boxes (STB) to enable Tata Sky's first MPEG-4 standard definition (SD) STB.
News categories: Broadcom, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor wins two set-top box supply contract extensions with Tata Sky
Feb 18, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has won two extension contracts from Tata Sky. Tata Sky has granted Technicolor extension to the initial contracts for its HD-enabled zapper (MediaPlay DSI715) and SD satellite zapper (MediaPlay DSI309).
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Tata Sky Renews Its Trust in Technicolor
Apr 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has reached the milestone of 5 million set-top boxes delivered to Tata Sky. Tata Sky has also awarded Technicolor a contract for HD set-top boxes, whose shipment will start later this year.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development