Digital TV News: Harit Nagpal
Technicolor to move Tata Sky STB manufacturing to India
Aug 28, 2020 – In a move which furthers the Make in India ambition, Tata Sky has decided to shift a significant portion of its STB sourcing to within India, in collaboration with development partner, Technicolor.
News categories: Tata Sky, Technicolor, Harit Nagpal, Luis Martinez-Amago, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Streaming
Elemental chosen for Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 19, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Tata Sky is using Elemental software to process Ultra HD live linear content in high-efficiency video coding (HEVC/H.265) for delivery to Tata Sky 4K-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Tata Sky, Dan Marshall, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Ericsson enables Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 2, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has enabled Tata Sky to launch the first commercial 4K video service in the subcontinent. Ericsson will provide compression technology for 4K distribution using the 1080P50 format.
News categories: Ericsson, Tata Sky, Chris Houghton, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, MWC23, Satellite
Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
Jul 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) will power Tata Sky's first generation Ultra HD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Technicolor, Tata Sky, Harit Nagpal, Georges Laplanche, Rich Nelson, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor delivers 11 millionth set-top box to Tata Sky
Jul 21, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH ; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the delivery of the 11 millionth Technicolor set-top box to Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor announces 4K set top box deal with Tata Sky
May 15, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an agreement with Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky selects Broadcom for DTH set-top boxes
Jul 1, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Tata Sky of India has selected its system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices for set-top boxes (STB) to enable Tata Sky's first MPEG-4 standard definition (SD) STB.
News categories: Broadcom, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor wins two set-top box supply contract extensions with Tata Sky
Feb 18, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has won two extension contracts from Tata Sky. Tata Sky has granted Technicolor extension to the initial contracts for its HD-enabled zapper (MediaPlay DSI715) and SD satellite zapper (MediaPlay DSI309).
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media