Digital TV News: Harit Nagpal
Technicolor to move Tata Sky STB manufacturing to India
Aug 28, 2020 – In a move which furthers the Make in India ambition, Tata Sky has decided to shift a significant portion of its STB sourcing to within India, in collaboration with development partner, Technicolor.
News categories: Tata Sky, Technicolor, Harit Nagpal, Luis Martinez-Amago, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Streaming
Elemental chosen for Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 19, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Tata Sky is using Elemental software to process Ultra HD live linear content in high-efficiency video coding (HEVC/H.265) for delivery to Tata Sky 4K-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Tata Sky, Dan Marshall, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Ericsson enables Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 2, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has enabled Tata Sky to launch the first commercial 4K video service in the subcontinent. Ericsson will provide compression technology for 4K distribution using the 1080P50 format.
News categories: Ericsson, Tata Sky, Chris Houghton, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, MWC22, Satellite
Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
Jul 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) will power Tata Sky's first generation Ultra HD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Technicolor, Tata Sky, Harit Nagpal, Georges Laplanche, Rich Nelson, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor delivers 11 millionth set-top box to Tata Sky
Jul 21, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH ; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the delivery of the 11 millionth Technicolor set-top box to Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor announces 4K set top box deal with Tata Sky
May 15, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an agreement with Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky selects Broadcom for DTH set-top boxes
Jul 1, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Tata Sky of India has selected its system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices for set-top boxes (STB) to enable Tata Sky's first MPEG-4 standard definition (SD) STB.
News categories: Broadcom, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor wins two set-top box supply contract extensions with Tata Sky
Feb 18, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has won two extension contracts from Tata Sky. Tata Sky has granted Technicolor extension to the initial contracts for its HD-enabled zapper (MediaPlay DSI715) and SD satellite zapper (MediaPlay DSI309).
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden