Digital TV News: I.P. Park
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
Open Connectivity Foundation introduces Smart Home standard
Jan 2, 2020 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) has announced that products from BSC Computer, COMMAX, Haier, LG Electronics, Resideo, Samsung and SURE Universal will be showcased in completely interoperable smart home demonstrations at a press event in Las Vegas on January 6, 2020.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, Viktor Ariel, Jörg Hofmann, Woo Seok Byun, Guohuo Chen, I.P. Park, Scott Harkins, CES, Smart Home, Worldwide
LG and Qualcomm join forces on automotive infotainment
Oct 30, 2019 – LG and Qualcomm have announced plans to work together to further develop webOS Auto, LG’s connected in-vehicle infotainment system. The companies aim to create and advance a more convenient in-car experience for drivers and passengers alike.
News categories: LG Electronics, Qualcomm, Dr. I.P. Park, Jim Cathey, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
LG partners with NIPA to promote webOS Open Source Edition
Mar 19, 2018 – As part of an effort to make webOS more accessible to consumers and industries, LG has entered into an MOU with a Korean government body to more actively advance its philosophy of open platform, open partnership and open connectivity.
News categories: LG Electronics, National IT Industry Promotion Agency, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
- ACCESS licenses Ligada iSuite for NetFront Browser BE HbbTV testing
- PubMatic to integrate Samba TV data for CTV audience targeting
- Chinese suppliers take top three positions in TV panel shipments
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Finecast extends TV reach with new UK ad inventory partners
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV