Digital TV News: IP Vision
FetchTV content portal to launch on Panasonic Connected TVs
Aug 31, 2011 – IP Vision has announced that the FetchTV™ content portal will be available this autumn via an app as a service to consumers on Panasonic's (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) VIERA Connect compatible TV sets sold in the UK and Ireland.
News categories: IP Vision, Panasonic, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
No Ofcom investigation into Project Canvas
Oct 19, 2010 – Ofcom has announced that it will not open an investigation into 'Project Canvas' under the Competition Act following complaints made by Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED, LSE:VMED) and IPVision.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, UK
ANT to show HbbTV and Managed Service Portal at IPTV World Forum
Mar 23, 2010 – ANT (London: ANTP) will showcase a live HbbTV implementation at the IPTV World Forum. The demonstration will include a range of services including News VoD, catch-up programming, digital text, as well as radio applications.
News categories: ANT plc, Digital TV, DVR, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Video Exchange
IP Vision and Netgem Unveil HD Hybrid Freeview+ STB
Mar 23, 2010 – IP Vision and Netgem will showcase their High-Definition Freeview+ Hybrid DTT set top box (STB) at the IPTV World Forum. The FetchTV SmartBox 8320HD will be shown on IP Vision's Stand and features Netgem's latest DVB-T2 hardware reference design.
News categories: IP Vision, Netgem, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
The End of the Walled Garden: Led by Pay-TV Operators
Feb 8, 2010 – IMS Research's newest report reveals that demand for connected CE devices are being driven by increased bandwidth, the evolution of content delivery methods and the convergence of media and communications industries.
News categories: IMS Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
IP Vision FetchTV Platform to be made available on third party devices
Dec 18, 2009 – IP Vision has laid out a strategy to enable its FetchTV platform on third party set top boxes alongside its own range of Smartbox devices. As part of the initiative, IP Vision will collaborate with ANT Software (LSE AIM: ANTP).
News categories: IP Vision, ANT plc, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
UK - IP Vision Announces Retail Deal with The Carphone Warehouse
Nov 9, 2009 – IP Vision have signed a retail deal with The Carphone Warehouse meaning that the FetchTV SmartBox will be available in its UK wireless flagship stores.
News categories: IP Vision, Carphone Warehouse, FetchTV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Sky Player to launch on IP Vision's Fetch TV
Oct 15, 2009 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced an agreement with IP Vision to make its online TV service, Sky Player, available via IP Vision's Fetch TV devices. From early 2010, the deal will allow customers to receive some of Sky's channels through Fetch TV's set-top boxes.
News categories: IP Vision, BSkyB, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
57 Million Internet Set-top Boxes By 2012
Aug 12, 2009 – A new global report from MRG shows how OTT (Over-the-Top) video services will offer new opportunities for IPTV & Cable Operators and media owners to expand their reach through TV-centric open Internet services.
News categories: MRG, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV