Digital TV News: ITV
Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
Sep 26, 2023 – Tubi (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has announced Rabbit AI, a mobile feature powered by ChatGPT-4 that offers viewers a new way to navigate the platform and discover movies and TV shows.
News categories: Tubi, Blake Bassett, Big Data, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Streaming, UX
Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
Sep 20, 2023 – Barb has upgraded its API to include all data available in its panel viewing file, including non-linear viewing on BVOD, SVOD and video-sharing services plus viewing on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Barb, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
Sep 18, 2023 – Britain's broadcasters are developing a free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband. Set for launch in 2024, the Freely service will be built-in to the next generation of smart TVs.
News categories: Everyone TV, Jonathan Thompson, Tim Davie, Dame Carolyn McCall, Alex Mahon, Maria Kyriacou, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Project launched to improve entertainment metadata management and delivery
Sep 13, 2023 – Fabric is collaborating with IMDb, FOX, Paramount, ITV, EIDR and Xperi on the Authenticated Data Specification (ADS) Accelerator Project, aiming to improve the management and delivery of accurate metadata for content.
News categories: Fabric, Tuncay Pervaz, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Yospace provides SSAI for streaming app from Norway's TV 2
Aug 17, 2023 – Norway's TV 2 has selected Yospace to support server-side ad insertion (SSAI) on its TV 2 Play app. The app integrated SSAI for VOD content at launch, with livestreams to be added in the autumn.
News categories: Yospace, TV 2, Edward New, Roy Kenneth Venjum, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Norway, Streaming
Ofcom publishes latest Media Nations research
Aug 3, 2023 – Ofcom has published research looking at the media habits and preferences of people in the UK. Take-up of SVOD services has stalled with subscriptions plateauing at about 66% of households.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Connect Fibre ISP adds TV service with Netgem
Jul 5, 2023 – Netgem has announced that it will be powering Connect Fibre TV's new TV service in the UK, based on Netgem's streaming solution for ISPs and delivered through Netgem's 4K TV box.
News categories: Netgem, Connect Fibre, Sylvain Thevenot, Deryck Shepherd, Content Distribution, Finance, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
Currys becomes exclusive retail partner for Sky Stream
Jul 4, 2023 – Currys has become the exclusive retail partner for Sky Stream, enabling demonstration of the satellite-free streaming device, which will be on display in Currys' stores in the UK.
News categories: Currys, Sky, Ed Connolly, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
ORS becomes shareholder of Insys Video Technologies
Jun 28, 2023 – Austrian TV provider, ORS, has become a shareholder of Insys Video Technologies. ORS is using the Insys Video platform to distribute its simpliTV streaming service.
News categories: Insys Video, ORS, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029