Digital TV News: Jim Freeman
Dolby Vision HDR now available on Amazon Video
Jun 27, 2016 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Amazon (NYSE:AMZN) have announced that the second season of the hit Amazon Original Series Bosch and a slate of blockbuster films are now available in Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Amazon Video.
News categories: Dolby, Amazon, Curt Behlmer, Jim Freeman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Amazon announces Amazon Video Direct
May 10, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced an enhancement to Amazon Video: introducing Amazon Video Direct (AVD), a self-service program for creators and storytellers to make their video content available to Amazon customers.
News categories: Amazon, Jim Freeman, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Mobile, Streaming, UK, USA
Dolby launches Dolby Vision picture improvement technology
Jan 6, 2014 – Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB) has announced Dolby® Vision, a new imaging technology that helps content creators and television manufacturers deliver true-to-life brightness, colors, and contrast by augmenting the fidelity of Ultra HD (UHD) and HD video signals.
News categories: Dolby, Hao E, Roland Vlaicu, Jim Freeman, Neil Hunt, Mike Seamons, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Charleston, West Virginia
- MediaKind and Arqiva partner on cloud-based fully-managed video service
- AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
- Xandr standardizes video content descriptors on its platform
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0