Digital TV News: Joe Winograd
Verance adds video watermarking to its Aspect platform
Jan 2, 2020 – Verance has announced the availability of video watermark technology as part of its Aspect platform, bringing enhanced capabilities to the Aspect audio watermark that has already been deployed by major broadcasters in the United States.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2022, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Verance brings watermarking to HbbTV
Oct 1, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to bring its Aspect watermarking to HbbTV. Aspect uses Verance’s implementation of the watermarking technologies sanctioned by the HbbTV Association in their 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Content Identification, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope