Digital TV News: John Porter
Telenet to add unskippable ads to TV recordings
Aug 10, 2021 – Telenet is to introduce a revised model for TV advertising in Belgium. Viewers will have to sit through one minute of unskippable adverts before any recordings they've made of VTM (DPG Media) and PLAY programmes (SBS).
News categories: Telenet, DPG Media, SBS, VRT, John Porter, Kris Vervaet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Frederik Delaplace, Advertising, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR
Eltrona merges with SFR-Coditel in Luxembourg
Feb 25, 2020 – Eltrona has merged with SFR-Coditel, owned by Telenet (Brussels: TNET). Eltrona shareholders now hold 50% +1 share and Telenet 50% -1 of the merged entity. The deal means that Eltrona becomes a cable operator with coverage of the whole of Luxembourg.
News categories: Eltrona, Telenet, SFR-Coditel, Paul Denzle, John Porter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
HD Coming To AUSTAR
Sep 29, 2009 – Austar (ASX: AUN) has announced that its Next Generation television product will be launched on November 15. The new MyStar HD service will include 13 subscription channels and local free-to-air channels in high-defintion (HD).
News categories: Austar, Australia, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming
OpenTV and AUSTAR Launch Quad Tuner PVR for Combined Satellite and Terrestrial Service
Mar 5, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ:OPTV) has announced the commercial launch of the AUSTAR PVR, called MyStar, a quad tuner set-top box featuring two satellite tuners and two terrestrial tuners providing a first-of-its kind integrated PVR service for AUSTAR subscribers.
News categories: OpenTV, AUSTAR, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Terrestrial
MyStar revolutionises regional Australian TV
Feb 8, 2008 – AUSTAR has announced that its new Personal Digital Recorder, MyStar, has hit a chord with regional Australians, just a week following the product's launch to new customers on 1 February.
News categories: AUSTAR, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform