Digital TV News: John Porter
Telenet to add unskippable ads to TV recordings
Aug 10, 2021 – Telenet is to introduce a revised model for TV advertising in Belgium. Viewers will have to sit through one minute of unskippable adverts before any recordings they've made of VTM (DPG Media) and PLAY programmes (SBS).
News categories: Telenet, DPG Media, SBS, VRT, John Porter, Kris Vervaet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Frederik Delaplace, Advertising, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR
Eltrona merges with SFR-Coditel in Luxembourg
Feb 25, 2020 – Eltrona has merged with SFR-Coditel, owned by Telenet (Brussels: TNET). Eltrona shareholders now hold 50% +1 share and Telenet 50% -1 of the merged entity. The deal means that Eltrona becomes a cable operator with coverage of the whole of Luxembourg.
News categories: Eltrona, Telenet, SFR-Coditel, Paul Denzle, John Porter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
HD Coming To AUSTAR
Sep 29, 2009 – Austar (ASX: AUN) has announced that its Next Generation television product will be launched on November 15. The new MyStar HD service will include 13 subscription channels and local free-to-air channels in high-defintion (HD).
News categories: Austar, Australia, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming
OpenTV and AUSTAR Launch Quad Tuner PVR for Combined Satellite and Terrestrial Service
Mar 5, 2008 – OpenTV (NASDAQ:OPTV) has announced the commercial launch of the AUSTAR PVR, called MyStar, a quad tuner set-top box featuring two satellite tuners and two terrestrial tuners providing a first-of-its kind integrated PVR service for AUSTAR subscribers.
News categories: OpenTV, AUSTAR, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Terrestrial
MyStar revolutionises regional Australian TV
Feb 8, 2008 – AUSTAR has announced that its new Personal Digital Recorder, MyStar, has hit a chord with regional Australians, just a week following the product's launch to new customers on 1 February.
News categories: AUSTAR, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data