Digital TV News: John Maguire
S3, Sofia Digital and O2 collaborate to implement platform independent Mobile TV applications
Sep 3, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) and Sofia Digital have announced the delivery of a proof-of-concept Java Mobile TV client to O2 based on the proposed JSR 272 Mobile Broadcast Standard. The solution will be demonstrated later this week at IBC.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Mobile
S3 and Irdeto bring DVB-H connectivity to the PC market
Feb 12, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems Ltd. (S3 and Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (NASDAQ: NPSN and JSE: NPN), have announced a technology breakthrough that allows operators to deliver Mobile TV, via a DVB-H network, to both desktop and laptop PCs using commonly available components.
News categories: Irdeto, S3, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20
S3 to launch onHandTV™ TSC software at 3GSM 2007
Feb 9, 2007 – Silicon & Software (S3) has launched its Transport Stream Controller (TSC). Targeted at silicon manufacturers, the TSC dramatically reduces the time-to-market and development cost by abstracting complex DVB-H receiver control functions.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
Frontier Silicon and S3 demonstrate world's first turn-key solution for multi-mode mobile DTV
Feb 8, 2007 – At the 3GSM World Congress, S3 and Frontier Silicon demonstrated a reference design for Mobile Digital TV (MDTV) incorporating Frontier Silicon's Paradiso (FS1030) DVB-H/DVB-T/T-DMB/DAB-IP mobile TV receiver IC, and S3's onHandTV™ MDTV client software.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Frontier Silicon, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers