Digital TV News: Jonny McKee
Amino and THEO Technologies partner on ultra-low latency video streaming
Jun 14, 2023 – Amino has collaborated with THEO Technologies to deliver a sub-second latency live video streaming solution, combining Amino's 4K media player with the THEOlive real-time video API.
News categories: Amino, THEO Technologies, Jonny McKee, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Amino R180 set-top box, based on Amlogic X4 chipset, RDK-VA certified
Sep 9, 2022 – Amino has extended its partnership with Amlogic to broaden the range of set-top box options available for its Operator Ready RDK-V platform. Its R180 set-top, based on Amlogic’s X4 chipset, has been recently RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) certified.
News categories: Amino, Amlogic, Jonny McKee, Brian Fenton, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Consult Red supports AminoOS integration with RDK-V
Apr 11, 2022 – Amino and Consult Red have announced that Consult Red has provided software consulting services to enable Amino to provide its media and entertainment customers with devices running RDK on Amlogic SoC chips.
News categories: Consult Red, Amino, Rahul Mehra, Jonny McKee, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino launches operator-ready RDK-V devices
Nov 9, 2021 – Amino has become an RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) member and now has RDK-V devices and software systems ready for deployment. The first device to receive RDK-VA certification will be the R180.
News categories: Amino, Aferian, Jonny McKee, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024