Digital TV News: KT Corp
South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
Jun 22, 2022 – Pay-TV services revenue in South Korea is expected to grow marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.14%, from $6.5 billion in 2021 to $6.9 billion in 2026, mainly supported by the IPTV segment, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Harendra Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Satellite
KT deploys virtualized headend from Synamedia
Dec 8, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that KT Corporation will implement the first virtualized headend in the Asia Pacific region with its Olleh TV IPTV service. This is the first win for Synamedia with KT's IPTV business.
News categories: Synamedia, KT Corp, Sue Couto, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
Apr 6, 2020 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced the signing of a contract with Thailand’s 3BB TV to provide an IPTV service to the Southeast Asian kingdom. 3BB TV will combine its Triple T Broadband internet connection with the IPTV service.
News categories: KT Corp, 3BB, Kim Youngwoo, Subhoj Sunyabhisithkul, Digital TV, IPTV, Thailand
IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
Jan 14, 2020 – South Korea’s IPTV revenue is set to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% for the period 2019-2024, according to GlobalData. The country's IPTV service revenue is expected to reach US$3.8bn with a subscriber base of 19.26 million in 2024.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Market Research, Subscribers
KT adds 147,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Korea's KT Corporation (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced results for Q2 2019. The company finished the quarter with 8.113 million IPTV subscribers, up 147 thousand over the period, and up 441 thousand (5.7%) versus Q2 2018.
News categories: KT Corp, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
KT adds 115,000 IPTV subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 3, 2019 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has released results for Q1 2019. The company finished the quarter with 7.966 million IPTV subscribers, up 115 thousand over the period, and up 393 thousand (5.2%) versus Q1 2018.
News categories: KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
KT launches world’s first commercial 5G network
Apr 12, 2019 – KT (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has officially launched the world’s first nationwide commercial 5G wireless network in South Korea, ushering in a new era of super-fast and ultra-reliable connectivity for consumers and businesses.
News categories: KT Corp, Lee Pil-Jae, 5G, Content Distribution, Korea
TVU Networks and KT to establish 5G UHD broadcast network in Korea
Mar 20, 2019 – TVU Networks has announced a partnership with KT to bring UHD broadcast over KT’s 5G enterprise network. Under the agreement, KT and TVU Networks will work together to establish an enterprise 5G network and related broadcast capabilities in Korea.
News categories: TVU Networks, KT Corp, Paul Shen, Park Hyun-Jin, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea
Arianespace to launch KOREASAT-7
Mar 14, 2017 – For its fourth launch of the year Arianespace will orbit two satellites: SGDC for VISIONA Tecnologia Espacial S.A. on behalf of the Brazilian operator Telebras, and KOREASAT-7 for the South Korean operator KT Sat.
News categories: Arianespace, KT Sat, Telebras, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.