Digital TV News: Khin Sandi Lynn
Pandemic boosts game console market; delays 8K TV adoption
Nov 3, 2020 – The Covid-19 pandemic has boosted the game console market yet curbed flat-panel TV sales. New next-generation consoles combined with pandemic-driven demand will contribute to game console market growth in 2020.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, COVID-19, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
Oct 13, 2020 – Pay TV market growth has slowed over the past few years due to the shift in video consumption to online streaming. The COVID-19 pandemic is further accelerating the trend, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
COVID-19: Flat-panel TVs down; Streaming media adapters up
Jul 22, 2020 – According to ABI Research, uncertain 2020 economic conditions caused by COVID-19 is negatively affecting the global flat-panel TV market but has caused a surge in streaming media adapter shipments.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
2020 will be the year of Direct-to-Consumer OTT video
Jan 8, 2020 – 2020 will represent a profound step toward a future where more OTT content goes Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) and video on demand reaches 900 million subscriptions worldwide, states global tech market advisory firm, ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Khin Sandi Lynn, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
Nov 20, 2019 – According to ABI Research, for superior user experience, especially in the live streaming segment, low latency streaming is becoming essential. The company forecasts that live video streaming is expected to grow at CAGR 10% to a 91 million subscriber base in 2024.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Worldwide Pay TV market far from dead
Aug 6, 2019 – The increasing adoption of video streaming platforms has created significant challenges to traditional pay TV. Yet, despite this, the overall pay TV market is expected to grow to more than 1.1 billion subscribers in 2024, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Over 233 million 4K TVs to ship in 2024
Jun 27, 2019 – As worldwide TV household penetration is quite saturated, the flat panel TV market has been driven by consumer adoption of TVs with higher resolution, larger screen size, and connected and integrated applications and services, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cord-cutting driving decline in set-top box SoC market
Apr 4, 2019 – The worldwide set-top box SoC market will generate US$2.4 billion in 2019, according to ABI Research. The forecast represents a 5% decline from 2018 including revenue from cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV set-top box SoCs.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Smart Home and Home Network management to drive residential vCPE deployments
Nov 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, providing advanced CPE, managing home networks efficiently, and fast service deployments are becoming essential for pay-TV and broadband operators to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system