Digital TV News: Kresimir Alic
COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
May 15, 2020 – Worldwide spending on telecommunications and pay TV services will reach nearly $1.6 trillion in 2020, a decrease of 0.8% compared to 2019, according to IDC. IDC expects the decline to continue in 2021, but at a somewhat lower degree.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Worldwide spending on telecoms and pay TV totaled $1,615 billion in 2018
May 10, 2019 – Worldwide spending on telecom services and pay TV services totaled $1,615 billion in 2018, an increase of 0.8% year over year, according to IDC. IDC expects worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services to reach $1,657 billion in 2023.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
Nov 9, 2018 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services will increase by 0.6% in 2018, according to IDC. Over of the 2017-2022 forecast period, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.8%.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Eric Owen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Spending on telecom and pay TV services to grow 2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – Worldwide spending on Telecom Services and Pay TV Services is forecast to reach nearly $1.7 billion in 2017, an increase of 1.7% over 2016, according to IDC. IDC expects worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services to grow 2% and surpass $1.7 billion in 2018.
News categories: IDC, Courtney Munroe, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box
- RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
- Jump and Float Left offer data-driven solution for OTT personalization
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020