Digital TV News: Luis Martinez-Amago
CommScope to sell Home Networks business to Vantiva
Oct 3, 2023 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced plans to sell its Home Networks Business to Vantiva (Paris: VANTI). The transaction is expected to be completed in Q4 2023.
News categories: CommScope, Vantiva, Chuck Treadway, Luis Martinez-Amago, CPE, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VANTIVA demonstrates latest CPE solutions at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – At CES, VANTIVA will be demonstrating an array of solutions around new innovations, including Wi-Fi 7, 5G FWA, connected fitness and a hybrid set-top box/soundbar, for the connected home market.
News categories: VANTIVA, Luis Martinez-Amago, Android TV, Big Data, CES2024, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor to move Tata Sky STB manufacturing to India
Aug 28, 2020 – In a move which furthers the Make in India ambition, Tata Sky has decided to shift a significant portion of its STB sourcing to within India, in collaboration with development partner, Technicolor.
News categories: Tata Sky, Technicolor, Harit Nagpal, Luis Martinez-Amago, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor to build the AirTV Player
Jan 3, 2017 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it was chosen by AirTV to build the AirTV Player, an Android TV streaming device. AirTV Player features built-in advanced Wi-Fi capability, and the ability to integrate free local over-the-air (OTA) channels with popular streaming services.
News categories: Technicolor, AirTV, Luis Martinez-Amago, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, CES2024, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery