Digital TV News: MCIT
Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
Sep 1, 2014 – Afghanistan’s digital TV system has been officially inaugurated in a ceremony held at the Kabul Serena Hotel on Sunday August 31, 2014. The event was attended by the state profiles, members of Parliament and representatives of the mass media.
News categories: MCIT, Amirzai Sangin, Afghanistan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan begins transition to DVB-T2 digital broadcasting
Aug 13, 2013 – Teleradio Production Association (PA), part of Azerbaijan's Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT), has begun the conversion of digital television broadcast transmitters in the country from DVB-T to DVB-T2.
News categories: Teleradio, MCIT, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Afghanistan to change its analogue TV system to digital
Jan 23, 2013 – To change its analogue system to digital, Afghanistan has announced that it has selected the DVB-T2 standard and the process of implementation will begin in Kabul City first and will complete in five years.
News categories: Ministry of Communication and IT, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated