Digital TV News: Manon Brouillette
Videotron adopts Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform for IPTV
Aug 29, 2017 – Videotron has announced an agreement with Comcast aimed at developing and delivering an IPTV service based on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform that will support a peerless customer experience for Videotron customers.
News categories: Videotron, Comcast, Manon Brouillette, Tony Werner, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
illico iPad app coming for Videotron customers
Jun 5, 2014 – Videotron has unveiled the new version of its illico app for the iPad, a Canadian first conceived and developed in Québec. The completely revamped and transformed iPad app will change how users access television programming.
News categories: Videotron, Manon Brouillette, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Videotron introduces multi-room PVR
Jun 21, 2013 – Canada's Vidéotron has added multi-room PVR to its illico TV service. Television viewers can now tape programs and watch them on any television set in the home that is equipped with a new-generation HD set-top box.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, DVR, Gateway, Smart Home
Videotron's illico TV passes half million subscriber mark
Feb 21, 2013 – Videotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has reached a new milestone, passing the half-million customer mark for its illico TV service. Less than one year after the launch of the new platform, 500,000 Videotron customers are enjoying its speed, simplicity and HD content.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Subscribers
Videotron Reaches New Heights in Cable Television: Now More Than ONE MILLION illico Digital Television Terminals in Quebec Households
Apr 10, 2008 – Vidéotron has announced that Quebecers are now a million times better equipped to meet their entertainment needs, thanks to illico digital television. The Quebec telco now has more than a million of these terminals on the market.
News categories: Vidéotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform