Digital TV News: Manon Brouillette
Videotron adopts Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform for IPTV
Aug 29, 2017 – Videotron has announced an agreement with Comcast aimed at developing and delivering an IPTV service based on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform that will support a peerless customer experience for Videotron customers.
News categories: Videotron, Comcast, Manon Brouillette, Tony Werner, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
illico iPad app coming for Videotron customers
Jun 5, 2014 – Videotron has unveiled the new version of its illico app for the iPad, a Canadian first conceived and developed in Québec. The completely revamped and transformed iPad app will change how users access television programming.
News categories: Videotron, Manon Brouillette, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Videotron introduces multi-room PVR
Jun 21, 2013 – Canada's Vidéotron has added multi-room PVR to its illico TV service. Television viewers can now tape programs and watch them on any television set in the home that is equipped with a new-generation HD set-top box.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, DVR, Gateway, Smart Home
Videotron's illico TV passes half million subscriber mark
Feb 21, 2013 – Videotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has reached a new milestone, passing the half-million customer mark for its illico TV service. Less than one year after the launch of the new platform, 500,000 Videotron customers are enjoying its speed, simplicity and HD content.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Subscribers
Videotron Reaches New Heights in Cable Television: Now More Than ONE MILLION illico Digital Television Terminals in Quebec Households
Apr 10, 2008 – Vidéotron has announced that Quebecers are now a million times better equipped to meet their entertainment needs, thanks to illico digital television. The Quebec telco now has more than a million of these terminals on the market.
News categories: Vidéotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5