Digital TV News: Manon Brouillette
Verizon trials +play entertainment hub
Mar 3, 2022 – Verizon customers will have exclusive access to +play, a platform that allows users to discover, purchase and manage some of their favorite subscriptions across entertainment, audio, gaming, fitness, music, lifestyle and more – all in one place.
News categories: Verizon, Manon Brouillette, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Videotron adopts Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform for IPTV
Aug 29, 2017 – Videotron has announced an agreement with Comcast aimed at developing and delivering an IPTV service based on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform that will support a peerless customer experience for Videotron customers.
News categories: Videotron, Comcast, Manon Brouillette, Tony Werner, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
illico iPad app coming for Videotron customers
Jun 5, 2014 – Videotron has unveiled the new version of its illico app for the iPad, a Canadian first conceived and developed in Québec. The completely revamped and transformed iPad app will change how users access television programming.
News categories: Videotron, Manon Brouillette, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Videotron introduces multi-room PVR
Jun 21, 2013 – Canada's Vidéotron has added multi-room PVR to its illico TV service. Television viewers can now tape programs and watch them on any television set in the home that is equipped with a new-generation HD set-top box.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, DVR, Gateway, Smart Home
Videotron's illico TV passes half million subscriber mark
Feb 21, 2013 – Videotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has reached a new milestone, passing the half-million customer mark for its illico TV service. Less than one year after the launch of the new platform, 500,000 Videotron customers are enjoying its speed, simplicity and HD content.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Subscribers
Videotron Reaches New Heights in Cable Television: Now More Than ONE MILLION illico Digital Television Terminals in Quebec Households
Apr 10, 2008 – Vidéotron has announced that Quebecers are now a million times better equipped to meet their entertainment needs, thanks to illico digital television. The Quebec telco now has more than a million of these terminals on the market.
News categories: Vidéotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year