Digital TV News: Mark Aitken
Sinclair, CAST.ERA, SK Telecom & Hyundai Mobis show live, in-vehicle broadcasting
Jan 3, 2023 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) has announced that it has completed a live, in-vehicle, demonstration of the practical application of NextGen Broadcast (ATSC 3.0) automotive services.
News categories: Sinclair, CAST.ERA, SK Telecom, Hyundai Mobis, Mark Aitken, Kevin Gage, Lee Dong-kee, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
Sinclair to show live infotainment for connected vehicles at CES
Dec 21, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) will demonstrate live infotainment services delivered to connected vehicles ahead of consumer trials planned for the Baltimore, MD region.
News categories: Sinclair, ONE Media 3.0, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
Aug 1, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into agreements with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to collaborate on NextGen Broadcast business models and technology in Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Korean Broadcasting System, Munhwa Broadcasting, Chris Ripley, Del Parks, Eui-Chul Kim, Sung-Jae Park, Kevin Gage, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Streaming, USA
Hisense ULED ATSC 3.0 TVs to support Advanced HDR
Feb 3, 2022 – During CES, Hisense announced that it is collaborating with ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor for integration into upcoming ULED TVs. Consumers that tune in to Sinclair ATSC 3.0 stations on Hisense TVs will be able to enjoy TV transmitted in HDR.
News categories: Technicolor, Hisense, Sinclair Broadcast, Tony Bozzini, David Gold, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
Jun 24, 2021 – Six local television stations in Baltimore, MD, including WMAR-TV, WBAL-TV, WBFF, WNUV, and WMPT and WMPB have begun broadcasting using NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0 technology.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Brian Lawlor, Dan Joerres, Mark Aitken, Larry D. Unger, Michael Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
Mar 1, 2021 – Saankhya Labs has received FCC certification for its Broadcast Radio Head (BRH). BRH helps DTT broadcasters increase their reach by 'Cellularizing' transmission to enable reception in mobile, automotive, and other portable devices.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Sinclair Broadcast, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
Seattle becomes latest large market to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 16, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Seattle, Washington, including KOMO-TV (ABC), KIRO-TV (CBS), KCPQ (FOX), KING-TV (NBC), KONG (Ind.), KZJO (MyNet), and KUNS-TV (Univision), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, Dan York, Richard Friedel, Mark Aitken, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024
- KC Global Media launches HD FAST channel on JioTV and JioTV+
- Telstra Broadcast Services and BT pool media network footprints
- Fórum SBTVD selects ATSC 3.0 physical layer for Phase 3 field testing
- MainConcept launches live encoder with VVC and LCEVC