Digital TV News: Mark Aitken
Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
Aug 1, 2022 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has entered into agreements with Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to collaborate on NextGen Broadcast business models and technology in Korea and the U.S.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Korean Broadcasting System, Munhwa Broadcasting, Chris Ripley, Del Parks, Eui-Chul Kim, Sung-Jae Park, Kevin Gage, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Streaming, USA
Hisense ULED ATSC 3.0 TVs to support Advanced HDR
Feb 3, 2022 – During CES, Hisense announced that it is collaborating with ATSC 3.0 and Advanced HDR by Technicolor for integration into upcoming ULED TVs. Consumers that tune in to Sinclair ATSC 3.0 stations on Hisense TVs will be able to enjoy TV transmitted in HDR.
News categories: Technicolor, Hisense, Sinclair Broadcast, Tony Bozzini, David Gold, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
Jun 24, 2021 – Six local television stations in Baltimore, MD, including WMAR-TV, WBAL-TV, WBFF, WNUV, and WMPT and WMPB have begun broadcasting using NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0 technology.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Brian Lawlor, Dan Joerres, Mark Aitken, Larry D. Unger, Michael Anderson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media demo 'Enhanced GPS' with ATSC 3.0
Jun 2, 2021 – BitPath, CAST.ERA and ONE Media have demonstrated new use cases for the ATSC 3.0 standard showing its ability to significantly enhance the accuracy of GPS - a potential new tool for autonomous vehicle navigation.
News categories: BitPath, ONE Media, SK Telecom, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Yoon Kim, Kevin Gage, ATSC 3, In-Car, USA
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
Mar 1, 2021 – Saankhya Labs has received FCC certification for its Broadcast Radio Head (BRH). BRH helps DTT broadcasters increase their reach by 'Cellularizing' transmission to enable reception in mobile, automotive, and other portable devices.
News categories: Saankhya Labs, Sinclair Broadcast, Parag Naik, Mark Aitken, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
Seattle becomes latest large market to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 16, 2020 – Seven local TV stations in Seattle, Washington, including KOMO-TV (ABC), KIRO-TV (CBS), KCPQ (FOX), KING-TV (NBC), KONG (Ind.), KZJO (MyNet), and KUNS-TV (Univision), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitPath, Dan York, Richard Friedel, Mark Aitken, Kurt Rao, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
Nov 18, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Raleigh, NC, including WTVD (ABC), WNCN (CBS), WUVC (Univision), WLFL (CW), and WRDC (MyNet), have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, the ninth market launch this year for Bitpath.
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Luis Fernandez-Rocha, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins for five local TV stations in Oklahoma City
Oct 8, 2020 – Five local TV stations in Oklahoma City - KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT - have begun broadcasting with ATSC 3.0. Oklahoma City is the seventh launch of ATSC 3.0 for BitPath this year.
News categories: BitPath, Sinclair Broadcast, Nexstar Media, KOCO-TV, John Hane, Mark Aitken, Brett Jenkins, Brent Hensley, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- PEAK3 ATSC 3.0 one-to-many solution for IoT and Edge use cases
- Verimatrix launches VCAS monitoring in the Cloud
- Ad-supported Disney+ now available in the U.S.
- Allegro DVT and V-Nova collaborate to accelerate LCEVC deployment
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia