Digital TV News: Matt Durgin
SpotX to be provide SSP for LG Smart TV advertising
Feb 11, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with LG to serve as its primary supply-side platform (SSP) in the US, EMEA, and Latin America. SpotX is also providing LG with demand facilitation services.
News categories: SpotX, LG Electronics, Mike Laband, Matt Durgin, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Comcast's Xfinity TV Partner app coming to LG TVs
Sep 25, 2017 – Comcast and LG have announced that Xfinity TV customers will be able to access their cable service via the Xfinity TV Partner app on 2017 and 2018 LG webOS Smart TVs beginning in 2018.
News categories: Comcast, LG Electronics, Michael Gatzke, Matt Durgin, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG webOS platform adds Sling TV and more Channel Plus content
Aug 7, 2017 – The webOS smart TV platform from LG Electronics has announced additions to its content offering. Leading the expansion are the addition of Sling TV to 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD smart TV models and the continued growth of the Channel Plus app which has now surpassed 100 channels of content.
News categories: LG Electronics, XUMO, Sling TV, Matt Durgin, Stefan Van Engen, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LG webOS 3.5 Smart TVs achieve Common Criteria Certification
May 8, 2017 – LG's webOS 3.5 smart TV platform has received a Common Criteria (CC) certification for its enhanced Application Security Solution Version 1.0 software, demonstrating that its smart TVs are among the strongest in smart TV security.
News categories: LG Electronics, Matt Durgin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Sling TV first live OTT service on 2016-17 LG Smart TVs
Apr 19, 2017 – Sling TV has become the first live and on-demand OTT service available on LG's smart TVs. Sling TV supports most 2016 webOS 3.0 Smart TV models, and will be available on LG’s 2017 webOS 3.5 enabled-models in the coming months.
News categories: Sling TV, LG Electronics, Ben Weinberger, Matt Durgin, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers