Digital TV News: Matt Durgin
SpotX to be provide SSP for LG Smart TV advertising
Feb 11, 2021 – SpotX has announced a partnership with LG to serve as its primary supply-side platform (SSP) in the US, EMEA, and Latin America. SpotX is also providing LG with demand facilitation services.
News categories: SpotX, LG Electronics, Mike Laband, Matt Durgin, Advertising, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Comcast's Xfinity TV Partner app coming to LG TVs
Sep 25, 2017 – Comcast and LG have announced that Xfinity TV customers will be able to access their cable service via the Xfinity TV Partner app on 2017 and 2018 LG webOS Smart TVs beginning in 2018.
News categories: Comcast, LG Electronics, Michael Gatzke, Matt Durgin, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG webOS platform adds Sling TV and more Channel Plus content
Aug 7, 2017 – The webOS smart TV platform from LG Electronics has announced additions to its content offering. Leading the expansion are the addition of Sling TV to 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD smart TV models and the continued growth of the Channel Plus app which has now surpassed 100 channels of content.
News categories: LG Electronics, XUMO, Sling TV, Matt Durgin, Stefan Van Engen, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG webOS 3.5 Smart TVs achieve Common Criteria Certification
May 8, 2017 – LG's webOS 3.5 smart TV platform has received a Common Criteria (CC) certification for its enhanced Application Security Solution Version 1.0 software, demonstrating that its smart TVs are among the strongest in smart TV security.
News categories: LG Electronics, Matt Durgin, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Sling TV first live OTT service on 2016-17 LG Smart TVs
Apr 19, 2017 – Sling TV has become the first live and on-demand OTT service available on LG's smart TVs. Sling TV supports most 2016 webOS 3.0 Smart TV models, and will be available on LG’s 2017 webOS 3.5 enabled-models in the coming months.
News categories: Sling TV, LG Electronics, Ben Weinberger, Matt Durgin, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results