Digital TV News: Matt Durgin
Comcast's Xfinity TV Partner app coming to LG TVs
Sep 25, 2017 – Comcast and LG have announced that Xfinity TV customers will be able to access their cable service via the Xfinity TV Partner app on 2017 and 2018 LG webOS Smart TVs beginning in 2018.
News categories: Comcast, LG Electronics, Michael Gatzke, Matt Durgin, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
LG webOS platform adds Sling TV and more Channel Plus content
Aug 7, 2017 – The webOS smart TV platform from LG Electronics has announced additions to its content offering. Leading the expansion are the addition of Sling TV to 2017 LG OLED and LG SUPER UHD smart TV models and the continued growth of the Channel Plus app which has now surpassed 100 channels of content.
News categories: LG Electronics, XUMO, Sling TV, Matt Durgin, Stefan Van Engen, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
LG webOS 3.5 Smart TVs achieve Common Criteria Certification
May 8, 2017 – LG's webOS 3.5 smart TV platform has received a Common Criteria (CC) certification for its enhanced Application Security Solution Version 1.0 software, demonstrating that its smart TVs are among the strongest in smart TV security.
News categories: LG Electronics, Matt Durgin, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Sling TV first live OTT service on 2016-17 LG Smart TVs
Apr 19, 2017 – Sling TV has become the first live and on-demand OTT service available on LG's smart TVs. Sling TV supports most 2016 webOS 3.0 Smart TV models, and will be available on LG’s 2017 webOS 3.5 enabled-models in the coming months.
News categories: Sling TV, LG Electronics, Ben Weinberger, Matt Durgin, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions