Digital TV News: Matt Strauss
Comcast enables Peacock preview for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers
Apr 14, 2020 – Comcast has launched an early preview of the premium tier of Peacock, NBCUniversal’s ad-supported subscription streaming service due to launch on July 15, at no additional cost for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers.
News categories: Comcast, Dana Strong, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
Jan 16, 2020 – NBCUniversal has unveiled Peacock, a free premium ad-supported streaming service with subscription tiers offering more than 600 movies and 400 series, as well as compelling live and on-demand content across news, sports, late night, and reality.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Peacock, Steve Burke, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast debuts integrated YouTube app on Xfinity X1
Sep 12, 2017 – Comcast and Google have announced the nationwide launch of YouTube on Xfinity X1, giving viewers quick, easy access to YouTube’s vast online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
News categories: Comcast, YouTube, Matt Strauss, Robert Kyncl, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast makes streaming cable TV service available in Boston
Nov 11, 2015 – Comcast has announced that Stream TV, a new streaming cable TV service that includes access to live channels as well as on demand choices, is available to Xfinity Internet-only customers in the company's Greater Boston Region.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Steve Driscoll, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Comcast to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
May 6, 2015 – Comcast has announced that it will launch a 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) set-top box later this year. The Xi4 will enable X1 customers to enjoy virtual 4K linear channels by creating personalized playlists from the Xfinity in UHD library.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- SFN capability of NEXTGEN TV boosts reception robustness
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- DMR ad inventory available through TheViewPoint
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX