Digital TV News: Matt Strauss
Comcast enables Peacock preview for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers
Apr 14, 2020 – Comcast has launched an early preview of the premium tier of Peacock, NBCUniversal’s ad-supported subscription streaming service due to launch on July 15, at no additional cost for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers.
News categories: Comcast, Dana Strong, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
Jan 16, 2020 – NBCUniversal has unveiled Peacock, a free premium ad-supported streaming service with subscription tiers offering more than 600 movies and 400 series, as well as compelling live and on-demand content across news, sports, late night, and reality.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Peacock, Steve Burke, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
Mar 21, 2019 – Comcast has announced the launch of Xfinity Flex. Available to Xfinity Internet customers, the service consists of a 4K HDR streaming TV device with voice remote, packaged with Comcast’s home WiFi, mobile, security, and automation services.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast debuts integrated YouTube app on Xfinity X1
Sep 12, 2017 – Comcast and Google have announced the nationwide launch of YouTube on Xfinity X1, giving viewers quick, easy access to YouTube’s vast online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
News categories: Comcast, YouTube, Matt Strauss, Robert Kyncl, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
Feb 14, 2017 – Comcast has announced plans to launch 'Xfinity Stream,' an app that will allow users to watch their entire TV line-up on phones, tablets and laptops in the home, and when they’re on-the-go, to tune-in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR and watch 40,000 on demand titles.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere, USA
CTAM announces universal TV Everywhere sign-in solution
Jun 10, 2016 – CTAM has announced the support of key TV Everywhere (TVE) business and technology leaders around a solution that will improve the sign-in experience for pay-TV customers across platforms, both in and out of the home.
News categories: CTAM, Adobe, Vicki Lins, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Comcast makes streaming cable TV service available in Boston
Nov 11, 2015 – Comcast has announced that Stream TV, a new streaming cable TV service that includes access to live channels as well as on demand choices, is available to Xfinity Internet-only customers in the company's Greater Boston Region.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Steve Driscoll, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, USA
Comcast to launch 4K Ultra HD set-top box
May 6, 2015 – Comcast has announced that it will launch a 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) set-top box later this year. The Xi4 will enable X1 customers to enjoy virtual 4K linear channels by creating personalized playlists from the Xfinity in UHD library.
News categories: Comcast, Matt Strauss, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021