Digital TV News: MediaMelon
MediaMelon and Nowtilus partner on Server-Side Ad Insertion analytics
Jul 16, 2020 – MediaMelon and Nowtilus have announced an integrated solution providing greater measurement transparency and accuracy of server-side ad insertion based on measurement from the client-side video player.
News categories: MediaMelon, Nowtilus, Kumar Subramanian, Leander Carell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Telecine deploys MediaMelon OTT streaming optimization platform
Apr 22, 2020 – MediaMelon has announced that Telecine SVOD cinema hub has deployed its SmartPlay OTT streaming optimization platform to deliver a better video QoE with lower content delivery costs despite an unprecedented surge in new subscribers and viewing hours.
News categories: MediaMelon, Telecine, Kumar Subramanian, Fabio Lima, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
MediaMelon selected by Eros Now for OTT streaming analytics
Apr 3, 2019 – MediaMelon has announced that Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has deployed its SmartSight analytics platform. SmartSight is a real-time streaming video analytics solution that provides monitoring and deep analysis of streaming performance and content consumption.
News categories: MediaMelon, Eros Now, Kumar Subramanian, Big Data, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
Jul 20, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the availability of two new technical specification documents from the Open Caching Working Group. In addition, the Open Caching Working Group has introduced a new sub group for Edge Storage, led by Western Digital.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Western Digital, Jason Thibeault, Enosh Levi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Study reveals how smartphones are transforming the TV experience
Dec 15, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced the findings of its 'Mobile Video: Exposed' report that explores consumers' perceptions and behaviors around watching video on mobile phones.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform