Digital TV News: Medialive
AWS powers global rollout and increased personalization of discovery+
Dec 1, 2021 – AWS (NASDAQ: AMZN) is powering the vast majority of Discovery’s infrastructure needs to deliver its discovery+ on-demand streaming video service, its digital services, and more than 450 linear TV channels to viewers around the world.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Discovery, Inc, Kathrin Renz, Avi Saxena, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
Apr 29, 2021 – Accedo is supporting the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative via its Accedo Orchestra video management platform. Accedo Orchestra deploys in the content provider's AWS account, integrating with their existing video pipeline.
News categories: Accedo, AWS, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
Apr 29, 2021 – ThinkAnalytics is supporting the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. ThinkAnalytics' API integration with Amazon Personalize enables the creation of real-time personalized user experiences faster at scale.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
Aug 6, 2020 – PAOK FC, the largest football club in Greece has worked with Insys Video Technologies to launch a new version of its OTT streaming service, PAOK TV. Built using Insys Sport, PAOK TV is fully cloud-based, running on AWS.
News categories: Insys Video, PAOK FC, Jarosław Narojczyk, Panagiotis Aroniadis, Content Distribution, Greece, Streaming
Veset cloud playout platform integrated with AWS cloud services
Apr 3, 2019 – Veset has announced interoperability of its cloud playout platform Veset Nimbus with the following services from Amazon Web Services (AWS): Amazon CloudFront, AWS Elemental MediaLive, AWS Elemental MediaStore, and AWS Elemental MediaConnect.
News categories: Veset, Amazon Web Services, Igor Krol, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Insys Video adds SPEKE API support for multi-DRM workflows
Apr 2, 2019 – Insys Video Technologies has announced that the company has integrated support for the SPEKE API into its OTT video solutions. SPEKE defines the standard for authentication and communication between encryptors and packagers of media content and DRM key providers.
News categories: Insys Video, Amazon Web Services, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
Insys Video integrates with AWS APIs for OTT video management and delivery
Apr 5, 2018 – Insys Video Technologies has announced API integration of its InsysPLAY OTT video platform and InsysGO white-label OTT solution with AWS Elemental's MediaLive and MediaPackage products. The new interoperability will be showcased at NAB.
News categories: Insys Video, Elemental, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Content Distribution, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Interra Systems QC platform now interoperable with AWS Media Services
Jan 24, 2018 – Interra Systems’ end-to-end QC and monitoring systems are now interoperable with AWS Media Services, enabling video providers to reliably deliver live and on-demand content to consumers using cloud technology.
News categories: Interra System, AWS Elemental, Anupama Anantharaman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Verimatrix integrates OTT multi-DRM with Amazon Web Services
Jan 22, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced API integration between its MultiRights OTT multi-DRM security solution and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Media Services through AWS Elemental MediaConvert and AWS Elemental MediaPackage.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amazon Web Services, Petr Peterka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022