Digital TV News: Michael Goodman
Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – As 2019 comes to a close Strategy Analytics thoughts begin to turn towards the coming year. In a report, Strategy Analytics Television & Media Strategies (TMS) service highlights the trends and events that will shape the media & entertainment landscape in 2020.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
Apr 25, 2019 – According to Strategy Analytics, declining pay TV subscriptions in the UK suggest that cord-cutting is now beginning to affect the European market. The UK saw a net decline in pay TV households of 424,000 in 2018, the largest decline of any European country.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
8K TVs to be in 56 million homes worldwide by 2025
Apr 2, 2019 – 8K TVs are set to achieve modest success over the next few years. Strategy Analytics’ consumer technology adoption models predict that 56 million homes worldwide will own an 8K TV by the end of 2025. The US will be the most successful market.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Digital TV, Market Research, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
Jan 16, 2019 – Wurl has launched AdSpring for Connected TVs. The cloud-based, turnkey server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution allows video producers to insert mid-roll ads into linear and VOD programming for distribution to any video service or device.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
TV to represent 80% of global video ad spend in 2023
Oct 29, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, the majority of budgets geared towards brand awareness continue to prioritize linear TV over online video, all the more as multi-screen access and OTT distribution help traditional broadcasters reach new audiences.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Nitesh Patel, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
U.S. vMVPDs added 868k subscribers in 2Q 2018 but overall pay TV subs fell
Aug 21, 2018 – Strategy Analytics’ analysis of U.S. pay TV subscriber numbers shows vMVPDs with 868K net adds in 2Q 2018 bringing the total number of vMVPD subscribers to 6.73M, up 119% YoY. Despite this, overall pay TV subscribers fell to 93.78M.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
Aug 14, 2018 – Strategy Analytics has forecast that global consumer and advertising spend on TV and video will grow from $490 billion in 2017 to $559 billion in 2022, an increase of $69 billion. Spend on OTT video will account for 90% of the growth.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Successful operators will embrace $312Bn enterprise video opportunity
May 1, 2018 – Enterprise video markets such as eLearning, Video Communications and Video Surveillance should be targeted by operators looking to benefit from the transition to IP-based services over the next few years, according to a study from Strategy Analytics, sponsored by Huawei.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Huawei, Andreas Koehler, Michael Goodman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global video revenues hit $70bn in 2017
Mar 6, 2018 – Online services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have transformed the video business in recent years, but according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics, revenue increases will be even higher in the next four years than in the previous four years.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs