Digital TV News: Mike Shehan
$18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
Apr 7, 2021 – IRIS.TV has completed an $18 million Series B funding round. The investment will enable IRIS.TV to accelerate the growth of its video data platform, and API tools that enable video-level data targeting for CTV and online video.
News categories: IRIS.TV, Intel Capital, Field Garthwaite, Richie Hyden, Marcelino Ford-Livene, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
Mar 4, 2021 – SpotX has unveiled its debut 'OTT is for Everyone APAC' research, reporting that nearly 400 million people now use video streaming services across the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Blockgraph, Mike Shehan, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Magnite to acquire SpotX from RTL
Feb 5, 2021 – Magnite (Nasdaq: MGNI) has agreed to acquire SpotX from RTL Group for $1.17 billion. Together, the companies will create the largest independent CTV and video advertising platform in the programmatic marketplace.
News categories: Magnite, SpotX, RTL Group, Michael Barrett, Mike Shehan, Thomas Rabe, Advertising, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
Dec 3, 2020 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2021 Global Video Advertising Trends' report. The findings aim to help ad tech leaders, marketers, and agencies prioritize their 2021 plans by sharing predictions and trends for the upcoming year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Kelly McMahon, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
Jan 15, 2019 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report. Based on a combination of third-party data as well as insight from industry players, the report identifies four important trends that the industry can expect to see this year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
4C adds video inventory from FreeWheel, SpotX and Telaria
Oct 2, 2018 – 4C has announced new video integrations with FreeWheel, SpotX, and Telaria. The integrations will make video advertising inventory from streaming services and content providers available within the Scope by 4C platform.
News categories: 4C Insights, FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Lance Neuhauser, Neil Smith, Mike Shehan, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
SpotX provides Nielsen-based audience insights for connected TV
May 1, 2018 – SpotX has announced that it will be providing campaign reach reporting using demographic breakouts based on Nielsen’s audience data for connected TV. This marks the first time a digital supply-side platform (SSP) has leveraged Nielsen analytics for CTV.
News categories: SpotX, Nielsen, Mike Shehan, Ly Tran, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
Mar 15, 2018 – SpotX has extended their strategic partnership with Pluto TV, a free OTT TV service in America. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will match media buyers to Pluto TV’s premium inventory and power the programmatic monetization of Pluto TV’s OTT content.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Mike Shehan, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Vewd selects SpotX as their programmatic video partner
Mar 1, 2018 – Vewd has selected video ad serving platform SpotX to power the monetization of all its over-the-top (OTT) products and services. As their first programmatic video advertising partner, Vewd will leverage SpotX’s ad serving and video supply side platform (SSP).
News categories: SpotX, Vewd, Mike Shehan, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors