Digital TV News: Mike Shehan
SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
Jan 15, 2019 – SpotX has announced the release of its '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report. Based on a combination of third-party data as well as insight from industry players, the report identifies four important trends that the industry can expect to see this year.
News categories: SpotX, Mike Shehan, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
4C adds video inventory from FreeWheel, SpotX and Telaria
Oct 2, 2018 – 4C has announced new video integrations with FreeWheel, SpotX, and Telaria. The integrations will make video advertising inventory from streaming services and content providers available within the Scope by 4C platform.
News categories: 4C Insights, FreeWheel, SpotX, Telaria, Lance Neuhauser, Neil Smith, Mike Shehan, Mark Zagorski, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
SpotX provides Nielsen-based audience insights for connected TV
May 1, 2018 – SpotX has announced that it will be providing campaign reach reporting using demographic breakouts based on Nielsen’s audience data for connected TV. This marks the first time a digital supply-side platform (SSP) has leveraged Nielsen analytics for CTV.
News categories: SpotX, Nielsen, Mike Shehan, Ly Tran, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
Mar 15, 2018 – SpotX has extended their strategic partnership with Pluto TV, a free OTT TV service in America. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will match media buyers to Pluto TV’s premium inventory and power the programmatic monetization of Pluto TV’s OTT content.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Mike Shehan, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Vewd selects SpotX as their programmatic video partner
Mar 1, 2018 – Vewd has selected video ad serving platform SpotX to power the monetization of all its over-the-top (OTT) products and services. As their first programmatic video advertising partner, Vewd will leverage SpotX’s ad serving and video supply side platform (SSP).
News categories: SpotX, Vewd, Mike Shehan, Aneesh Rajaram, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
SpotX releases report on the state of video advertising on OTT
Feb 6, 2018 – SpotX has announced findings from study that found that 85% of leading pay TV providers, pure-play OTT providers, content owners, and advertisers believe leveraging third-party data is a strong driver for the adoption of audience-based buying and selling of ads on OTT.
News categories: SpotX, Kagan, Mike Shehan, Michelle Abraham, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
SpotX fully acquired by RTL Group
Aug 30, 2017 – SpotX has announced that RTL Group will acquire all remaining shares in SpotX. The investment demonstrates RTL Group’s continued commitment to its ambitious ad tech strategy and recognition of SpotX’s impressive growth and execution of its strategic objectives.
News categories: SpotX, RTL Group, Mike Shehan, Steve Swoboda, Bert Habets, Guillaume de Posch, Advertising, MnA, USA, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0