Digital TV News: Mikko Saarentaus
DNA launches Android TV box with Dolby Atmos
Oct 30, 2023 – On the 6th of November, DNA will launch its DNA Entertainment Box, a video soundbox featuring Dolby Atmos immersive sound. The Android TV device also supports Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: DNA, Dolby, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Anaïs Libolt, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
DNA launches upgraded DNA TV Hubi
Nov 15, 2021 – The renewed, smaller and more than twice as powerful DNA TV Hubi brings together TV channels, streaming services, and utility and entertainment apps behind a single user interface. The device also includes the latest OS and voice search for Android.
News categories: DNA, Ville Partanen, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box
DNA to offer Android TV STB in Finland
May 3, 2017 – DNA has announced the launch of its DNA TV-hubi device in Finland. The box combines all forms of watching television, channels, applications, games and music into a single convenient service.
News categories: DNA, Sagemcom, Mikko Saarentaus, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Finland's DNA upgrades OTT with Booxmedia and Verimatrix
Jul 28, 2015 – Booxmedia and Verimatrix have announced that DNA has upgraded its over-the-top (OTT) video service, DNA TV, with Booxmedia’s OTT platform, which is now secured by the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV.
News categories: Booxmedia, Verimatrix, DNA, Jukka Sintonen, Steve Oetegenn, Mikko Saarentaus, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Streaming
Finland's DNA launches on-demand television with SeaChange
Mar 12, 2014 – Finland's DNA has launched an on-demand TV service on SeaChange's (Nasdaq:SEAC) Adrenalin multi-screen TV software platform. DNA Welho Entertainment allows people to view their favorite television shows independent of time and place.
News categories: SeaChange, DNA Oy, Mikko Saarentaus, Andrei Noppe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Finland's DNA begins multiscreen pilot with Conax and partners
Sep 5, 2012 – Conax has announced that Finnish Cable and Terrestrial operator, DNA, has entered a multiscreen pilot with partners Conax, Cubiware, MPS Broadband and Envivio. The pilot will include end-user testing with various multiscreen services and devices.
News categories: Conax, DNA Oy, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finland, Middleware, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward