Digital TV News: National Association of Broadcasters
Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
Jul 1, 2022 – Eurofins Digital Testing (EDT) has announced the release of the NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite v2022-1.0 – the first major release for the new model year, applicable to ATSC 3.0 compliant receivers from July 1st 2022.
News categories: Eurofins, CTA, NAB, Bob Campbell, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
LTN Global, with Pearl TV and WHUT, powers NEXTGEN TV in Washington DC
Dec 16, 2021 – LTN Global has announced that it has worked closely with Howard University’s WHUT and the Pearl TV consortium to support the launch of the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative project in Washington D.C.
News categories: LTN Global, Pearl TV, WHUT, Malik Khan, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
Jun 24, 2021 – NAB has collaborated with Howard University Middle School of Mathematics and Science, and Fincons Group to create a NEXTGEN TV application that allows students without internet access to participate in home learning.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Fincons Group, Howard University, WHUT, Sam Matheny, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Kathryn Procope, Sean Plater, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
Jun 16, 2021 – An effort is underway to launch NEXTGEN TV in the U.S. capital, with Howard University's WHUT serving as the host station for broadcasts for five local affiliate stations of national broadcast networks.
News categories: Howard University, Pearl TV, National Association of Broadcasters, Wayne A. I. Frederick, Anne Schelle, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
Apr 13, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced the development of updated test suites for the Consumer Technology Association’s (CTA) NEXTGEN TV Logo program, which will be applicable to 2022 model receivers.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Brian Markwalter, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
PBS North Carolina launches NEXTGEN TV broadcasting
Mar 22, 2021 – PBS North Carolina has announced that they are now broadcasting NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) over their channels in the Raleigh-Durham region. WUNC-TV channel 4.11 has been added to the CBC NEXTGEN TV broadcast.
News categories: PBS North Carolina, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
Jan 19, 2021 – The Pearl TV broadcaster business group has applauded the decision by the FCC to give broadcasters more flexibility when using a Distributed Television System (DTS) for NEXTGEN TV broadcasts using ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Federal Communications Commission, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
May 18, 2020 – FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr has announced that the FCC will vote on his plan to promote the build out of Broadcast Internet services, enabled by ATSC 3.0 and delivered over an efficient one-to-many architecture.
News categories: FCC, Dennis Wharton, Jamie Susskind, ATSC 3, Broadband, Digital TV, Regulation, USA
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia