Digital TV News: Ooyala
Ooyala Flex Media Platform to run on Google Cloud
Oct 30, 2018 – Ooyala is to use Google Cloud technologies for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform which empowers media owners to automate their video workflows, expand their audiences and get content to market faster, and with greater flexibility and security.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
Oct 16, 2018 – Ooyala and Telstra have announced the completion of the management buyout of Ooyala. Building on the success of Ooyala under the current management team the transaction provides the foundation for the next phase of growth for Ooyala.
News categories: Ooyala, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
Jun 20, 2018 – Mobile video consumption continues to rise but growth stabilized in Q1 2018; total video plays increased during the quarter just 1.8% from the prior year, according to Ooyala’s Q1 2018 Global Video Index Report.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
May 23, 2018 – For media companies who have yet to adopt a data-centric and mobile-first approach to connecting with ever-elusive audiences, Ooyala offers a wake-up call via its new State of the Media Industry 2018 report.
News categories: Ooyala, Belsasar Lepe, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Consumer frustration at OTT TV experience
Jan 3, 2018 – Ooyala has released its State of the Broadcast Industry 2018 report which maps out the challenges for content creators and distributors as they strive to maintain and grow audiences in an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, UX, Worldwide
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Long-form video now the most popular content regardless of screen size
Jun 13, 2017 – Ooyala has released its Q1 2017 Global Video Index, revealing, for the first time, long-form content represents the majority of time spent watching video on every screen. The report also covers the continued growth of mobile, as well as emerging trends in online video advertising.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
Ooyala taps into Adobe Experience Cloud
Apr 24, 2017 – Ooyala has announced a partnership with Adobe that combines Ooyala’s Integrated Video Platform (IVP) with the Adobe Experience Cloud. Ooyala is the first Premiere Partner of the Adobe Exchange program for integrated video solutions.
News categories: Ooyala, Adobe, Belsasar Lepe, Kevin Towes, Content Distribution, NABShow, Worldwide
Blink Now selects Ooyala for Video Advertising, Live Streaming and Real-Time Analytics
Apr 11, 2017 – Ooyala is powering the complete video business of Blink Now, an OTT provider in the Philippines. With Ooyala, Blink Now has a single provider, powering ad operations, video delivery, data-driven insights and live streaming to more than 180,000 users nationwide.
News categories: Ooyala, SMLEI, Blink Now, Steve Davis, Francis Gerard R. Tupaz, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Philippines
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform