Digital TV News: Ooyala
Ooyala Flex Media Platform to run on Google Cloud
Oct 30, 2018 – Ooyala is to use Google Cloud technologies for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform which empowers media owners to automate their video workflows, expand their audiences and get content to market faster, and with greater flexibility and security.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
Oct 16, 2018 – Ooyala and Telstra have announced the completion of the management buyout of Ooyala. Building on the success of Ooyala under the current management team the transaction provides the foundation for the next phase of growth for Ooyala.
News categories: Ooyala, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
Jun 20, 2018 – Mobile video consumption continues to rise but growth stabilized in Q1 2018; total video plays increased during the quarter just 1.8% from the prior year, according to Ooyala’s Q1 2018 Global Video Index Report.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
May 23, 2018 – For media companies who have yet to adopt a data-centric and mobile-first approach to connecting with ever-elusive audiences, Ooyala offers a wake-up call via its new State of the Media Industry 2018 report.
News categories: Ooyala, Belsasar Lepe, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Consumer frustration at OTT TV experience
Jan 3, 2018 – Ooyala has released its State of the Broadcast Industry 2018 report which maps out the challenges for content creators and distributors as they strive to maintain and grow audiences in an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, UX, Worldwide
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Long-form video now the most popular content regardless of screen size
Jun 13, 2017 – Ooyala has released its Q1 2017 Global Video Index, revealing, for the first time, long-form content represents the majority of time spent watching video on every screen. The report also covers the continued growth of mobile, as well as emerging trends in online video advertising.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
Ooyala taps into Adobe Experience Cloud
Apr 24, 2017 – Ooyala has announced a partnership with Adobe that combines Ooyala’s Integrated Video Platform (IVP) with the Adobe Experience Cloud. Ooyala is the first Premiere Partner of the Adobe Exchange program for integrated video solutions.
News categories: Ooyala, Adobe, Belsasar Lepe, Kevin Towes, Content Distribution, NABShow, Worldwide
Blink Now selects Ooyala for Video Advertising, Live Streaming and Real-Time Analytics
Apr 11, 2017 – Ooyala is powering the complete video business of Blink Now, an OTT provider in the Philippines. With Ooyala, Blink Now has a single provider, powering ad operations, video delivery, data-driven insights and live streaming to more than 180,000 users nationwide.
News categories: Ooyala, SMLEI, Blink Now, Steve Davis, Francis Gerard R. Tupaz, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Philippines
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5