Digital TV News: Pete Wood
VinFast EVs to integrate Sony RIDEVU in-car streaming
May 18, 2023 – RIDEVU, a streaming service created by Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) for integration into vehicle infotainment systems, will launch in VinFast EVs starting this summer.
News categories: Sony Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Pete Wood, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia and Sony Pictures team for 3D 360 immersive VR content
Nov 14, 2016 – Nokia and Sony Pictures have announced an agreement whereby Sony Pictures will use Nokia OZO tools to explore the creative potential of VR production and distribution. The studio will also integrate the OZO Player SDK into Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's Privilege Plus app.
News categories: Nokia, Sony Pictures, Paul Melin, Pete Wood, Scot Barbour, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Worldwide
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023