Digital TV News: Pete Wood
Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
Apr 6, 2021 – Created in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), BRAVIA CORE was developed to offer feature films and other content in the highest quality to purchasers of Sony’s new line of TVs.
News categories: Sony Pictures, IMAX Corporation, Pete Wood, Keith Le Goy, Bruce Markoe, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Nokia and Sony Pictures team for 3D 360 immersive VR content
Nov 14, 2016 – Nokia and Sony Pictures have announced an agreement whereby Sony Pictures will use Nokia OZO tools to explore the creative potential of VR production and distribution. The studio will also integrate the OZO Player SDK into Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's Privilege Plus app.
News categories: Nokia, Sony Pictures, Paul Melin, Pete Wood, Scot Barbour, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, VR, Worldwide
BT launches buy-to-keep movies service
Feb 5, 2014 – Customers are now able to buy many of the latest blockbusters from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, along with a selection of modern greats and classics, on BT’s YouView box.
News categories: BT, Alex Green, Robert Price, Pete Wood, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks