Digital TV News: Pierre Roy
Conax delivers Montecable OTT service in Uruguay
Mar 29, 2018 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced the deployment of its Conax GO Live secure OTT multiscreen solution at Montecable in Uruguay. Conax enables the Montecable MC GO Live service by pre-integrating partner technology with Conax Contego security to create an end-to-end OTT solution.
News categories: Conax, Montecable, Pierre Roy, Fabiana Orlotti, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altice USA selects NAGRA content security platform
Feb 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced an agreement with Altice USA (Euronext: ATC, ATCB) under which NAGRA will provide Altice USA with content protection and a platform to enable encryption and content security for its HD and 4K offerings.
News categories: NAGRA, Altice, Pierre Roy, Hakim Boubazine, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast teams with Vidéotron for Canada's first 4K UHD STB
Mar 23, 2016 – Alticast has announced that it has helped Videotron to be the first Canadian cable operator to make available a 4K ultra high definition set-top box on a commercial basis across its entire service footprint.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, John Carlucci, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Alticast and Videotron Collaborate to Provide the Next Generation in Interactive TV
Mar 27, 2012 – Alticast has announced that it helped Vidéotron (Toronto:QBR.A;QBR.B) to develop its interactive TV solution: illico TV new generation. Alticast has been the primary supplier and developer of applications, and is the primary integrator for the project.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Samsung Launches First HD Box and HD PVR in Partnership with Videotron
Mar 27, 2012 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) has announced that it is enhancing the way Vidéotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) customers watch TV with the launch of two new set top boxes - the Samsung HD box and HD PVR - in support of Vidéotron's illico digital TV service.
News categories: Samsung, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
Videotron chooses Cisco HD set-top box platform
Mar 27, 2012 – Vidéotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has chosen Cisco's (NASDAQ: CSCO) HD set-top box platform to deploy the next generation of its enhanced illico digital TV service.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs