Digital TV News: Pierre Roy
Conax delivers Montecable OTT service in Uruguay
Mar 29, 2018 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced the deployment of its Conax GO Live secure OTT multiscreen solution at Montecable in Uruguay. Conax enables the Montecable MC GO Live service by pre-integrating partner technology with Conax Contego security to create an end-to-end OTT solution.
News categories: Conax, Montecable, Pierre Roy, Fabiana Orlotti, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altice USA selects NAGRA content security platform
Feb 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced an agreement with Altice USA (Euronext: ATC, ATCB) under which NAGRA will provide Altice USA with content protection and a platform to enable encryption and content security for its HD and 4K offerings.
News categories: NAGRA, Altice, Pierre Roy, Hakim Boubazine, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast teams with Vidéotron for Canada's first 4K UHD STB
Mar 23, 2016 – Alticast has announced that it has helped Videotron to be the first Canadian cable operator to make available a 4K ultra high definition set-top box on a commercial basis across its entire service footprint.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, John Carlucci, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Alticast and Videotron Collaborate to Provide the Next Generation in Interactive TV
Mar 27, 2012 – Alticast has announced that it helped Vidéotron (Toronto:QBR.A;QBR.B) to develop its interactive TV solution: illico TV new generation. Alticast has been the primary supplier and developer of applications, and is the primary integrator for the project.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Samsung Launches First HD Box and HD PVR in Partnership with Videotron
Mar 27, 2012 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) has announced that it is enhancing the way Vidéotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) customers watch TV with the launch of two new set top boxes - the Samsung HD box and HD PVR - in support of Vidéotron's illico digital TV service.
News categories: Samsung, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
Videotron chooses Cisco HD set-top box platform
Mar 27, 2012 – Vidéotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has chosen Cisco's (NASDAQ: CSCO) HD set-top box platform to deploy the next generation of its enhanced illico digital TV service.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers