Digital TV News: Piers Wombwell
Ekioh launches first multithreaded embedded browser
May 1, 2018 – Ekioh has unveiled Flow, a multithreaded HTML browser specifically designed for multi-core processors that delivers a vastly improved user experience. Flow’s layout and animation performance is more than double the speed of other browsers on multi-core silicon.
News categories: Ekioh, Piers Wombwell, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Accedo Broadband and Ekioh introduce the world's first 3D games for IPTV
Mar 21, 2011 – Accedo Broadband and Ekioh have announced the availability of casual games in 3D using Ekioh's latest SVG software. The 3D games will be available for all Ekioh customers from Q3 2011.
News categories: Ekioh, Accedo Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Metaverse, Middleware, Video Exchange
More than 40,000 IPTV users for SVG technology from BeeSmart and Ekioh
Apr 7, 2010 – BeeSmart and Ekioh have announced a fast growing number of IPTV users on SVG-based client technology. The companies report that there are already over 40,000 end-users running BeeSmart middleware clients and Ekioh UI Engine.
News categories: BeeSmart, Ekioh, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Ekioh UI Engine integral part of latest Freewire IPTV STB service
Sep 3, 2008 – Ekioh has announced that the Inuk Networks Freewire IPTV service, running on STBs using the Ekioh UI Engine, has been rolled out in several UK locations. The Ekioh UI Engine utilises the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) open standard from the W3C.
News categories: Ekioh, Inuk Networks, Freewire, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UK
Ekioh launches fastest Open-Standard User Interface for Set Top Boxes
Sep 5, 2007 – Ekioh will be premièring the fastest open standards based User Interface for Set Top Boxes at IBC 2007. Based on the W3C SVG open standard, the Ekioh User Interface (UI) Engine offers a remarkable 25 fps ensuring exceptional user experiences.
News categories: Ekioh, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes