Digital TV News: Pieter Vervoort
Liberty Global and Nuance expand voice-enabled TV services in the UK
Sep 8, 2022 – Liberty Global has expanded its use of Nuance Dragon TV for Virgin Media O2 customers in the United Kingdom. The expansion includes new capabilities that provide enhanced support for visually impaired customers, such as reading aloud program information.
News categories: Nuance, Liberty Global, Tony Lorentzen, Pieter Vervoort, Digital TV, Smart Home, UK, UX
Cadent to automate addressable advertising for Liberty Global across Europe
Jan 5, 2021 – Cadent has announced that it has expanded its addressable linear and VOD Advertising Platform into Liberty Global's Irish footprint, Virgin Media Ireland, with its continental European markets to follow in 2021.
News categories: Cadent, Liberty Global, Keith Kryszczun, Pieter Vervoort, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
Dec 3, 2013 – Ziggo and SMiT have teamed-up to provide on-demand and catch-up TV services without the need for a separate set-top box. The service, launched in the Netherlands in November, uses a SMiT CI+ Module with a CI Plus IDTV certified by Ziggo.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Ziggo, Pieter Vervoort, Hongyu Shuai, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart TV
Ziggo launches Interactive Television without separate digital receiver
Nov 5, 2013 – Ziggo customers with a new CI+ Module (version 1.3 or higher), and a television certified by Ziggo can use interactive services such as watching movies, television series or missed TV programmes on demand.
News categories: Ziggo, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management