Digital TV News: Pieter Vervoort
Liberty Global and Nuance expand voice-enabled TV services in the UK
Sep 8, 2022 – Liberty Global has expanded its use of Nuance Dragon TV for Virgin Media O2 customers in the United Kingdom. The expansion includes new capabilities that provide enhanced support for visually impaired customers, such as reading aloud program information.
News categories: Nuance, Liberty Global, Tony Lorentzen, Pieter Vervoort, Digital TV, Smart Home, UK, UX
Cadent to automate addressable advertising for Liberty Global across Europe
Jan 5, 2021 – Cadent has announced that it has expanded its addressable linear and VOD Advertising Platform into Liberty Global's Irish footprint, Virgin Media Ireland, with its continental European markets to follow in 2021.
News categories: Cadent, Liberty Global, Keith Kryszczun, Pieter Vervoort, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland
Universal Electronics voice-enabled remotes for Liberty Global
Oct 7, 2020 – Universal Electronics (UEI) is to provide voice-enabled remote controls to Liberty Global for its RDK-based Horizon 4 set-top boxes. Voice recognition technology is used to search for content on the platform.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Liberty Global, Menno Koopmans, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart Home
SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
Dec 3, 2013 – Ziggo and SMiT have teamed-up to provide on-demand and catch-up TV services without the need for a separate set-top box. The service, launched in the Netherlands in November, uses a SMiT CI+ Module with a CI Plus IDTV certified by Ziggo.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Ziggo, Pieter Vervoort, Hongyu Shuai, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart TV
Ziggo launches Interactive Television without separate digital receiver
Nov 5, 2013 – Ziggo customers with a new CI+ Module (version 1.3 or higher), and a television certified by Ziggo can use interactive services such as watching movies, television series or missed TV programmes on demand.
News categories: Ziggo, Pieter Vervoort, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification