Digital TV News: Prasar Bharati
India to fund distribution of 800,000 free DD satellite STBs
Jan 4, 2023 – India's government has approved a proposal to provide infrastructure development support to Prasar Bharati. The Scheme includes free distribution of over 8 lakh DD Free Dish STBs to people living in remote, tribal, LWE and border areas.
News categories: Prasar Bharati, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
NextGen Broadcast technology demonstrated at conclave in New Delhi
Jun 2, 2022 – A Conclave on 'Direct to Mobile and 5G Broadband - Convergence Roadmap for India' took place in New Delhi on June 1, 2022. The conclave demonstrated NextGen Broadcast technology on smart phones and other smart devices.
News categories: IIT Kanpur, TSDSI, Saankhya Labs, Prasar Bharati, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Prof Abhay Karandikar, NG Subramaniam, Ms Pamela Kumar, Parag Naik, Shashi Shekhar Vempati, Dr. PD Vaghela, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
DD Free Dish now reaches more than 43 million households
Mar 31, 2022 – With improved auction processes leading to more and better quality channels, between 2017 and 2022 the free DTH service from Doordarshan achieved growth of almost 100% from 22 million in 2017 to 43 million in 2022.
News categories: DD Free Dish, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
TRAI issues recommendations for DTT transition in India
Jan 31, 2017 – As a result of its consultation on digital terrestrial broadcasting, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations on key issues associated with the implementation of DTT across the country.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Terrestrial
India adds 610,000 active DTH subscribers in 1Q 2015
Aug 12, 2015 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released telecom indicators for the quarter ending 31st March, 2015. At the end of the period, the total numbers of registered and active DTH subscribers were 76.05 million & 41.15 million respectively.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
India registers 2.75 million additional DTH subscribers in 2Q 2014
Nov 7, 2014 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released telecoms statistics for the second quarter. The total number of DTH subscribers was 67.57 million registered and 38.24 million active at 30th June 2014.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Prasar Bharati will offer TV on mobile from May
Mar 24, 2007 – Having shelved its ambitious car television project, Prasar Bharati is pinning its hopes on mobile TV now. More …
News categories: Digital TV, India, Mobile
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December