Digital TV News: PwC
Entertainment & media rebounding strongly from pandemic slump
Jul 12, 2021 – According to PwC, the entertainment & media industry has regained its momentum. The industry is on track to grow 6.5% in 2021 and 6.7% in 2022, fueled by strong demand for digital content and advertising.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, VR, Worldwide
Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
Jun 15, 2021 – Conviva has released its inaugural State of Streaming Advertising report, revealing gaps in how publishers, buyers and consumers perceive streaming ads, and what this means for the streaming ad industry.
News categories: Conviva, Keith Zubchevich, Scott McDonald, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Cadent to automate addressable advertising for Liberty Global across Europe
Jan 5, 2021 – Cadent has announced that it has expanded its addressable linear and VOD Advertising Platform into Liberty Global's Irish footprint, Virgin Media Ireland, with its continental European markets to follow in 2021.
News categories: Cadent, Liberty Global, Keith Kryszczun, Pieter Vervoort, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, Worldwide
PwC releases Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2020–2024
Sep 2, 2020 – According to PwC, the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated and amplified ongoing shifts in consumers’ behaviour, pulling forward digital disruption and forging industry tipping points that wouldn’t have been reached for many years.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Digital TV, Market Research, UK, Worldwide
PwC completes audit of Finecast's delivery and reporting
Jan 13, 2020 – PwC has completed an audit of Finecast’s delivery and reporting of omnichannel addressable TV campaigns in the UK. Finecast is the first addressable TV advertising service provider to complete an external audit of this kind.
News categories: Finecast, PwC, Harry Harcus, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
£10bn growth forecast for UK entertainment & media sector by 2023
Jun 6, 2019 – The growing range of video streaming services available to viewers; demand for internet access and business spend on internet advertising will drive the UK’s entertainment and media sector to grow by £10bn over the next five years, according to PwC.
News categories: PwC, Mark Maitland, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Entertainment & Media - Now it’s getting personal
Jun 5, 2019 – According to PwC, consumers are embracing the expanding opportunities to enjoy media experiences tailored to their needs, and companies are designing offerings and business models to revolve around those personal preferences.
News categories: PwC, Wilson Chow, Ennèl van Eeden, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
Mar 19, 2019 – According to PwC, there is a revolution occurring in how consumers access entertainment and media. 38% of global consumers stream entertainment at least daily, and among Gen Z consumers, cord-cutting for entertainment is at more than 50%.
News categories: PwC, John Maxwell, Market Research, Worldwide
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying