Digital TV News: Qpixel
Tatung and Qpixel Offer New H.264 Reference Platforms for Transcoding and Place-shifting on STBs, and Content Re-formatting for Viewing on Portable Media Devices
Jun 2, 2008 – Qpixel Technology and Tatung have announced their joint efforts to bring value-add capabilities to standard STB (set top box) designs using Qpixel's high quality and low power H.264 compression technology.
News categories: Qpixel, Tatung, PeerTV, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Industry's Lowest-Power Full HD H.264 Codecs With the Broadest Feature Set Unveiled by Qpixel
Jun 1, 2008 – Qpixel Technology has unveiled, at Computex, its High Definition (HD) QL303 and QL305 codecs, the latest members of its industry-leading, low-power, H.264 codec family.
News categories: Qpixel, Camcorder, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor
CES 2008: ARC-Based™ Consumer Devices Fueling the 'YouTube Generation' on Display
Jan 14, 2008 – ARC International (LSE: ARK) has announced that more than fifteen customers and partners participated in last week's 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
News categories: ARC International, CES2023, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Polaroid Selects Qpixel's Industry-Leading H.264 Codec for Its Freescape™ Set-Top Box
Jan 9, 2008 – Qpixel Technology has announced that Polaroid has adopted Qpixel's QL201B H.264 codec for its new line of Freescape™ set-top boxes.
News categories: Qpixel, Polaroid, Avtrex, CES2023, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Video Compression Leader Qpixel Unveils New Reference Platforms For H.264 Streaming And Digital Recording Applications
Jan 6, 2008 – Qpixel Technology has unveiled the Q.stream network media streamer and Q.record personal video recorder/player, two new reference platforms based on its industry-leading, low power H.264 codec family.
News categories: Qpixel, Shenzhen MELE Digital Technology, Techwell, Ralink Technology, Broadband, CES2023, DVR, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Qpixel QL202B Main Profile H.264 Codec IC
May 11, 2007 – Qpixel Technology has announced the availability of the Qpixel QL202B, the third member of its low-power Main Profile (MP) H.264 codec family.
News categories: Camcorder, Digital TV, DVR, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th