Digital TV News: Robert A. Iger
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, Streaming, USA
Disney+ set to launch in U.S. on November 12
Apr 11, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company has presented an extensive overview of its comprehensive direct-to-consumer strategy, including presentations on Hulu, Hotstar, ESPN+, and the upcoming Disney+ service at its Investor Day, which took place on the Company’s studio lot.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Disney and 21st Century Fox agree $38-per-share acquisition deal
Jun 20, 2018 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has announced that it has signed an amended acquisition agreement with Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) for $38 per share in cash and stock.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, Europe, MandA, Satellite, USA, Worldwide
The Walt Disney Company to acquire Twenty-First Century Fox
Dec 14, 2017 – The Walt Disney Company and Twenty-First Century Fox have announced that they have entered into an agreement for Disney to acquire 21st Century Fox, including the Twentieth Century Fox Film and Television studios, along with cable and international TV businesses.
News categories: Walt Disney, Twenty-First Century Fox, Robert A. Iger, Orin C. Smith, Rupert Murdoch, Digital TV, MandA, Satellite, Worldwide
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform