Digital TV News: Ron Sanders
Warner Bros announces first Ultra HD Blu-ray titles
Dec 29, 2015 – To coincide with the availability of Ultra HD Blu-ray players in the marketplace in early 2016, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will be offering four titles on Ultra HD Blu-ray at initial launch showcasing 4K Ultra HD resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR).
News categories: Warner Bros, Ron Sanders, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA
Alliance formed to establish standards for UHD content and devices
Jan 5, 2015 – Hollywood studios, CE brands, content distributors, post-production and technology companies have together announced the launch of the UHD Alliance – a coalition of companies aiming to establish standards to support innovation in video technologies.
News categories: Samsung, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros, Hyunsuk Kim, Mike Dunn, Ron Sanders, CES2022, Digital TV, Worldwide
Amazon teams with Samsung, Warner, Lionsgate and others on 4K Ultra HD
Jan 6, 2014 – Amazon Instant Video has announced that it is working with the world’s leading consumer electronics companies, top Hollywood studios and TV programmers to offer customers a premium 4K Ultra HD experience.
News categories: Amazon, Bill Carr, Kyungshik Lee, Ron Sanders, Jim Packer, Mike Dunn, Digital TV, Streaming
DEG Releases Year-End 2010 Home Entertainment Report
Jan 6, 2011 – The 2010 home entertainment market continued to be bolstered by the steady growth of Blu-ray as total U.S. home entertainment spending hit $18.8 billion to close the year, announced DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group at CES.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, CES2022, DVD, Market Research, Streaming, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Has Promising First Quarter Fueled By Blu-ray Sales
Apr 15, 2010 – U.S. Blu-ray Disc software sales continued to rise in the first quarter of 2010, up 74 percent compared to the same period last year according to sales figures for the home entertainment industry released by DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, DVD, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
U.S. Home Entertainment Spending Hits $20 Billion
Jan 7, 2010 – The home entertainment market remained stable in 2009. Blu-ray Disc products were the bright spot of the industry with annual software sales and rental transactions hitting $1.5 billion for the first time.
News categories: The Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Canada, CES2022, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
DEG Releases Third Quarter U.S. Home Entertainment Results
Oct 19, 2009 – DEG has released third quarter U.S. sales figures for the home entertainment industry. Blu-ray Disc software sales continue to show dramatic growth with overall sales up 83 percent for the year and playback devices in 11.7 million U.S. households.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, USA
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform