Digital TV News: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
Motive Television Introduces TV Anytime Anywhere™ VOD Platform for US Cable
Oct 9, 2012 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced the launch of its TV Anytime Anywhere™ platform for cable in the U.S. The platform delivers on-demand video and live TV to STBs and mobile devices without the need for costly CDN infrastructure.
News categories: Motive Television, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
SCTE creates working group to promote cable equipment recycling
Sep 20, 2012 – The SCTE has announced steps to advance recycling efforts within the cable industry with the creation of a new working group and formal efforts to develop Recommended Cable Electronic Equipment Recycling Practices for Cable Operators.
News categories: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Cable TV, Set Top Box, USA
SCTE announces first two energy standards for cable industry
Jul 31, 2012 – The SCTE has announced formal adoption of SCTE 184 and SCTE 186, the first two standards for energy management in cable telecommunications. The standards have been created to help reduce energy consumption and costs within operations facilities.
News categories: Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Cable TV, Content Distribution
CableLabs® Joins with SCTE to Demo 'Tools' at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010
Sep 29, 2010 – CableLabs® will join with the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) to host a booth featuring a number of operational tools and support software at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® in New Orleans October 20-22.
News categories: CableLabs, SCTE, Cable TV, CableTecExpo, Gateway, Middleware, USA
Pace Set to Launch Multiroom DVR with Multiple Cable Operators
Oct 28, 2009 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that multiple cable operators, including Buckeye Cablevision, Mediacom, Sunflower Broadband, and others, are already nearing completion of field trials for Pace's Home Content Sharing (HCS) solution.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Smart Home, USA
Pace Introduces First to Market Multiroom DVR Solution
Oct 26, 2009 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has revealed an advanced multiroom DVR solution, Home Content Sharing (HCS). Pace's HCS utilizes centralized storage and Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) software to connect multiple high definition (HD) set-top boxes within the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Rovi Corp, CTAM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
CableLab® Announces Next in Series of Interactive and Advanced Advertising Specifications
Jul 1, 2009 – CableLabs® has announced the issuance of a new set of specifications called the Stewardship and Fulfillment Interfaces (SaFI), created to further the development of cable advertising and other interactive products.
News categories: CableLabs, Advertising, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, USA
SCTE Assessing Standardization Needs For Next Generation 3D Content Delivery
Feb 19, 2009 – The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) announces today that its ANSI-accredited SCTE Standards Program has begun to investigate the standardization required for the carriage of next generation 3D content on cable networks.
News categories: SCTE, Cable TV, Digital TV
Conexant Launches DOCSIS 2.0+ IC Solutions
Feb 12, 2007 – Conexant Systems (NASDAQ:CNXT) has introduced a new family of DOCSIS 2.0+/EuroDOCSIS 2.0+ cable modem integrated circuits (ICs) for traditional broadcast and next-generation IP-based broadband video services.
News categories: Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania