Digital TV News: THEO Technologies
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Switzerland
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Worldwide
Agama and THEO Technologies announce strategic partnership
Sep 6, 2018 – Agama and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer is integrated with Agama OTT service assurance. Via the combination, OTT video providers will now be able to offer services with the highest video quality, derive analytics and provide a superior customer experience.
News categories: Agama, THEO Technologies, Johan Görsjö, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
V-Nova PERSEUS 2 integrated with the THEOplayer Universal Player
Aug 30, 2017 – V-Nova and THEO Technologies have announced the availability of PERSEUS 2 decoding capabilities with THEOplayer, the cross-platform video player from THEO Technologies. The solution will make its debut at IBC 2017.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Worldwide
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results