Digital TV News: THEO Technologies
THEOplayer adds support for MPEG-5 LCEVC
Sep 7, 2022 – THEO Technologies and V-Nova have announced that THEO Technologies' THEOplayer will support the MPEG-5 LCEVC codec enhancement. MPEG-5 LCEVC offers 40% lower bitrates, saving delivery cost while reducing encoding compute and energy consumption.
News categories: V-Nova, THEO Technologies, Guido Meardi, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
THEOplayer integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM
Aug 25, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced that THEO Technologies has completed the integration of its THEOplayer with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM, simplifying and speeding up delivery of secure video on any device.
News categories: Verimatrix, THEO Technologies, Sebastian Braun, Michel Roofthooft, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Switzerland
THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
Jul 1, 2020 – THEO Technologies and Synamedia have launched the HESP Alliance. The goal is to fast-track the roll-out of low latency streaming by building an ecosystem around the High Efficiency Streaming Protocol (HESP) protocol.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Synamedia, Samie Beheydt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
THEO Technologies secures Series A funding
Mar 10, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that it raised $10M in a Series A funding round led by SmartFin Capital with participation from PMV and Media Invest Vlaanderen (MIV). THEO Technologies’ flagship product is its THEOplayer.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Steven Tielemans, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies to show ad delivery system at IBC2018
Sep 6, 2018 – At IBC2018, Imagine Communications, SpotX and THEO Technologies will demonstrate a system that enables media companies to monetize inventory, create campaigns, play video on every device and platform, and deliver ads to IP-connected devices, addressable TV, and traditional linear broadcast screens from unified campaign and delivery silos.
News categories: Imagine Communications, SpotX, THEO Technologies, David Heppe, Allen Klosowski, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, Worldwide
Agama and THEO Technologies announce strategic partnership
Sep 6, 2018 – Agama and THEO Technologies have announced that THEOplayer is integrated with Agama OTT service assurance. Via the combination, OTT video providers will now be able to offer services with the highest video quality, derive analytics and provide a superior customer experience.
News categories: Agama, THEO Technologies, Johan Görsjö, Pieter-Jan Speelmans, Digital TV, IBC2022, Media Player, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity