Digital TV News: TVNZ
Bitmovin and Accedo power TV New Zealand sports streaming
Sep 11, 2023 – Bitmovin has partnered with Accedo to help Television New Zealand (TVNZ) bring sports content to viewers across New Zealand, using state-of-the-art video streaming technology.
News categories: Accedo, Bitmovin, TVNZ, Michael Lantz, Stefan Lederer, Kym Niblock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, UX
TVNZ partners with Qvest for OTT streaming implementation
Aug 29, 2023 – TVNZ has launched an OTT streaming platform for live sports broadcasting with Qvest. As the systems integrator, Qvest orchestrated the project with selected technology partners.
News categories: Qvest, TVNZ, Thomas Grandoch, Kym Niblock, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
Sky New Zealand launches Sky Box created with Wyplay
Apr 13, 2023 – Sky NZ has launched a new Sky Box developed with Wyplay. Its features include 4K video support, a personalized user experience, streaming app integration, multi-recording, voice remote, and more.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky New Zealand, Jacques Bourgninaud, Sophie Moloney, Android TV, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Freeview NZ to sunset On Demand service by late 2022
Dec 14, 2021 – Freeview NZ is to end Freeview On Demand by late 2022. The service is offered as an addition to Live TV on Smart TVs and STBs. The content will still be available on-demand, just accessed on broadcasters’ own apps or websites.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
Vodafone NZ new TV box goes on sale in September
Aug 6, 2019 – Vodafone has announced that its Vodafone TV device wll go on sale in New Zealand in September. The box includes the ability to record content, and rewind free-to-air and Sky channels, plus a range of popular apps are pre-loaded.
News categories: Vodafone, Carolyn Luey, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview NZ on demand platform available via OTT STB
Jun 5, 2019 – Freeview New Zealand's On Demand platform is now available on the recently released Freeview streaming device (DISH TV SmartVU X). SmartVU X is a tiny gadget that connects to almost any TV and streams Freeview Live TV over the internet.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Streaming
Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
Dec 10, 2018 – Freeview, in collaboration with Dish TV, Google and local content providers, has released the first Android TV powered PVR in New Zealand. The Freeview Recorder combines the entire suite of Freeview features with apps and extra content available through Google Play.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ rolls out new On Demand experience
Jul 4, 2018 – Freeview New Zealand has commenced roll-out of a new On Demand TV Platform to replace the existing FreeviewPlus service. The new Freeview On Demand provides a more seamless experience and easier access to shows and movies.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, New Zealand, UX
TVNZ uses Brightcove Context Aware Encoding for HEIHEI kids platform
May 28, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that TVNZ has implemented Brightcove’s Context Aware Encoding, for its new kids’ platform, HEIHEI. Implementing Brightcove’s technology enables TVNZ to save on storage and delivery costs.
News categories: Brightcove, TVNZ, Mark Stanton, Andrew Blakey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024