Digital TV News: Ted Malone
TiVo introduces DTT STB in Canada
Oct 1, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced to the Canadian market its TiVo EDGE for antenna, a 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) capable, all-in-one media device designed to work with an HD antenna and equipped with a premium on-screen user experience.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
BitRouter shows an ATSC 3.0 gateway demo on a TiVo BOLT OTA Player at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – BitRouter has announced that it has enhanced the capabilities of its ATSC3pro receiver to include gateway functionality. This will allow ATSC3pro customers to both use the device as a set-top box and stream live content to remote devices.
News categories: BitRouter, TiVo Corp, Gopal Miglani, Ted Malone, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, NABShow, USA
TiVo introduces TiVo BOLT OTA 4K hybrid DTT DVR
Sep 27, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced TiVo BOLT OTA for antenna, a 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) capable set-top box designed to work with an HD antenna, and equipped with an on-screen user experience that looks and feels like a high-end cable box.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Terrestrial, USA
TiVo unveils VOX lineup providing a voice-powered TiVo experience
Oct 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced additions to the TiVo consumer product family – the TiVo BOLT VOX and TiVo Mini VOX. The device lineup includes TiVo’s first voice control remote – the TiVo VOX Remote, with which viewers can use their voice to search for programs.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Digital TV, DVR, USA, UX
Vodafone Portugal Casa TV now available on Xbox 360
Dec 16, 2009 – Vodafone (London:VOD), in partnership with Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), is offering the Vodafone Portugal Casa TV digital television service on the Xbox 360 console.
News categories: Vodafone, Microsoft, Xbox, António Margato, Ted Malone, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020