Digital TV News: Telkom Indonesia
Telkom Indonesia's Gamestream-powered GameQoo added to Sharp Android TVs
Aug 3, 2021 – Telkom Indonesia's GameQoo, which uses Gamestream’s cloud technology and games catalogue, has joined with Sharp to make its catalogue of cloud games available on all Sharp Android Smart TVs for Indonesia.
News categories: Gamestream, Telkom Indonesia, GameQoo, Ivan Lebeau, E. Kurniawan, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Indonesia, Smart TV
DTH, IPTV to drive pay TV revenue in Indonesia
Jun 1, 2021 – Pay-TV service revenue in Indonesia is set to grow from $497m in 2020 to $633m in 2025, at a CAGR of 5%, mainly supported by the growing DTH and IPTV subscriptions, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Akash Jatwala, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, Streaming
Worldwide Pay TV market far from dead
Aug 6, 2019 – The increasing adoption of video streaming platforms has created significant challenges to traditional pay TV. Yet, despite this, the overall pay TV market is expected to grow to more than 1.1 billion subscribers in 2024, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
SDMC provides technology for Telkom Indonesia's IndiBox
Feb 2, 2019 – SDMC has announced a collaboration with Telkom in Indonesia. The companies have signed a cooperation agreement for OTT TV platform development and the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes for Telkom's IndiBox project.
News categories: SDMC, Telkom Indonesia, Android TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Indonesia's Metranet selects Brightcove for streaming to its OONA app
Oct 7, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet, a subsidiary of Telkom Indonesia, to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Metranet, OONA, Ben Morrell, Widi Nugroho, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
Jul 16, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet Telkom Indonesia to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Telkom Indonesia, OONA, Ben Morrell, Joddy Hernady, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, Streaming
Telkom Indonesia's IndiHome triple play subscribers hit 4 million
Jun 7, 2018 – Telkom Indonesia has announced that its IndiHome service has reached the key milestone of 4 million subscribers. IndiHome is a triple play service consisting of fiber broadband, IPTV and home phone covering more than 160 cities across Indonesia.
News categories: Telkom Indonesia, Siti Choiriana, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Subscribers
IPTV reaches 6.7 million subscribers in South East Asia
Dec 22, 2017 – As in other Asian regions, South East Asian markets consist mainly of cable and satellite connections. However, Dataxis has noticed the increasing share of IPTV subscribers in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
News categories: Dataxis, Asia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil