Digital TV News: Thaicom
TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8
Jan 14, 2019 – Thaicom (THCOM) has announced that True Visions has signed a transponder capacity contract for its pay TV service in Thailand. True Visions has retained Ku-band transponders on the new Thaicom-8 satellite.
News categories: Thaicom, TrueVisions, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
Mar 21, 2018 – Thaicom (Bangkok: THCOM) has announced the signature of a contract with CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar as part of CANAL+ Myanmar’s launch of a DTH pay TV platform. CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar has leased 4 transponders on THAICOM 6.
News categories: Thaicom, CANAL+, Paiboon Panuwattanawong, Patompob Suwansiri, Erwan Luherne, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
Thaicom inks transponder agreement with MVI for Lao DTH platform
Jul 24, 2017 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed a transponder leasing agreement with MV International Company Limited (MVI), a leading Thai broadcaster and DTH platform operator, to establish a pay TV platform in Laos.
News categories: Thaicom, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Kuntima Sarika, Chaiyuth Tavipvordech, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Laos, Satellite
Thaicom, Huawei and Starcor plan OTT TV platform for Thailand
Jun 6, 2017 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed an MOU with Huawei and Starcor Media for the development of an OTT platform in Thailand. The OTT ecosystem will enable telecom operators to integrate OTT services with their products and deliver the content to multiscreen devices.
News categories: Thaicom, Huawei, Starcor Media, Patompob Suwansiri, Robin Lu, Ivan Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Thailand
V-Nova to debut PERSEUS 2 at the NABShow
Apr 3, 2017 – V-Nova has announced the launch of the next generation V-Nova PERSEUS. V-Nova PERSEUS 2 expands the codec’s capability to enhance performance, simplify deployment into real-world environments and reduce operating costs through improved efficiency.
News categories: V-Nova, Nokia, FastFilmz, Thaicom, Guido Meardi, Pav Kudlac, Karam Malhotra, Teerayuth Boonchote, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
InfoSat-Laos launches DTH on THAICOM 8
Oct 11, 2016 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed a contract with InfoSat-Laos for the launch of a DTH platform on the THAICOM 8 satellite. The platform has more than 15 channels available in both SD and HD formats.
News categories: Thaicom, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Somsouk Souksavath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Laos, Satellite
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Thaicom to broadcast HD-DTT channels direct-to-home via satellite
Jul 3, 2014 – Thaicom has announced that it is putting together a plan with Thailand's digital terrestrial television (DTT) operators to begin broadcasting their high definition (HD) DTT channels direct to home via satellite.
News categories: Thaicom, Suphajee Suthumpun, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Thaicom gets ready for digital TV trial run
Mar 26, 2014 – Thaicom, in cooperation with broadcasters and providers of set-top-boxes, will start broadcasting Digital Terrestrial TV (DTT) signals in Thailand on a trial basis from the 1st of April.
News categories: Thaicom, Paiboon Panuwattanawong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, Thailand
- Disney+ ends 1Q 2021 with 103.6 million subscribers
- Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings for Samsung TV Plus inventory
- Altice's a4 deploys CommScope video advertising solution
- DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
- TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
- Liberty Latin America deploys Velocix video streaming platform
- FTTH/B now passes more than half of homes in EU39
- Setplex to power TV Cabo São Paulo OTT service
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing