Digital TV News: Tony Werner
SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 to take place virtually
Jun 9, 2020 – SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 will take place virtually Oct. 12-16, marking the first all-digital presentation of the largest cable telecommunications and technology event in the Americas since its inception in 1983.
News categories: SCTE•ISBE, Cable-Tec Expo, Tom Adams, Tony Werner, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, USA
Videotron adopts Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform for IPTV
Aug 29, 2017 – Videotron has announced an agreement with Comcast aimed at developing and delivering an IPTV service based on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform that will support a peerless customer experience for Videotron customers.
News categories: Videotron, Comcast, Manon Brouillette, Tony Werner, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Shaw Communications unveils X1-based BlueSky TV
Jan 11, 2017 – Shaw Communications has unveiled Shaw BlueSky TV, a premium television product for Canadians powered by Comcast’s X1 platform. BlueSky TV's voice-controlled remote makes it easier than ever for customers to discover content.
News categories: Shaw Communications, Comcast, Brad Shaw, Jay Mehr, Tony Werner, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
Harmonic to show industry's first software-based CCAP solution at SCTE
Sep 27, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has introduced its CableOS system, the industry's first software-based CCAP solution. The CableOS solution will make its public debut during SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.
News categories: Harmonic, Patrick Harshman, Tony Werner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, Software, USA
CableLabs® Updates Technical Report on Converged Cable Access Platform
Jun 14, 2011 – CableLabs® has released an updated technical report to establish a set of consensus requirements for the Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP), a new device that facilitates the evolution to a converged access network architecture.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, USA
Motorola Mobility Introduces Live Streaming Device for All the Other Screens in the Home
Jun 13, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced the availability of Motorola Televation™, a broadband device that works with a Wi-Fi router to allow consumers to watch live TV on a connected IP device anywhere around the home.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DLNA Advances Playback of Commercial Video Across DLNA Certified® Products
May 23, 2011 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced the release of new Interoperability Guidelines for the playback of high-quality, premium commercial video.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Middleware, Smart Home
CableLabs® Publishes First 3D Content Encoding Specification
Sep 1, 2010 – CableLabs® has announced that it has published a new specification for stereoscopic 3D programming. This new specification, called Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification (OC-SP-CEP3.0-I01-100827), can be found on the CableLabs website.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, USA, VR
CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures Announce Completion of New EBIF IO6 Specification
Feb 8, 2010 – CableLabs® and Canoe Ventures have announced the completion and issuance of the latest EBIF specification. This new version (IO6) features functionality developed to meet competitive interactive television market requirements.
News categories: CableLabs, Canoe Ventures, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0