Digital TV News: Ty Cooper
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
ITV to launch shoppable TV in the UK on LG TVs
Jul 6, 2021 – ITV is to launch shoppable TV, allowing viewers to discover and shop items from its programmes directly on screen. The interactive system uses AI technology from TheTake, a contextual product discovery company.
News categories: ITV, TheTake, LG Electronics, Bhavit Chandrani, Paul Ridsdale, Ty Cooper, Mihee Yoo, Pete Markey, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK, UX
Trenque Lauquen trials IPTV with Amino
Oct 19, 2009 – The Cooperativa de Electricidad de Trenque Lauquen in Argentina is conducting IPTV trials in 15 homes with MPEG-4 set-top boxes from Amino Communications (LSE: AMO).
News categories: Amino, Cooperativa de Electricidad de Trenque Lauquen, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers