Digital TV News: WOWOW
Viaplay to launch in the UK on November 1st
Oct 18, 2022 – The Viaplay streaming service will launch in the UK on 1 November, offering two packages: Films & Series package focused on Nordic storytelling, and Total that also includes sports from Viaplay and Premier Sports.
News categories: Viaplay, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
WOWOW equips streaming service with NPAW video intelligence
Jul 13, 2021 – WOWOW has integrated NPAW video intelligence, in collaboration with INNOTECH. NPAW insights will help build stronger connections with subscribers, discover user needs and new business opportunities.
News categories: NPAW, WOWOW, Brian Pang, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Big Data, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
Mar 8, 2021 – Ittiam Systems has licensed its cloud based content adaptive media transcoder solution to WOWOW, a satellite TV station in Japan. The Transcoder provides video encoding with an AAC Audio encoder.
News categories: Ittiam, WOWOW, Ichiro Minagawa, Yuichi Sogo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
WOWOW and MQA show HD video playback with the highest quality sound
Oct 25, 2019 – Japanese pay TV broadcaster, WOWOW, is harnessing MQA's audio technology to showcase HD video playback with the highest quality sound. MQA’s technology enables the highest quality playback of original audio on all devices.
News categories: MQA, WOWOW, Bob Stuart, Hideo Irimajiri, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite, UX
IPTV Forum Japan's Activities for CEATEC: Connecting Your TV to the Net
Oct 2, 2009 – The IPTV Forum Japan will present a special booth at CEATEC JAPAN 2009. The theme for the booth's display is Connecting Your TV to the Net, and it will focus on the nature of IPTV and how to connect household televisions to broadband networks.
News categories: IPTV Forum Japan, Japan, Smart TV, Streaming
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028